[TC] Your Hyperion Vanguard: 5 hours, 28 minutes from start, vanilla save uploaded

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Smacksim
x4

[TC] Your Hyperion Vanguard: 5 hours, 28 minutes from start, vanilla save uploaded

Post by Smacksim » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 22:00

The following post contains some light spoilers regarding the Poisoned Paranid gamestart. Read at your own risk. Savegame in the link below...

Since TC was released there has been a lot of interest in the Hyperion Vanguard that is the culmination of the Poisoned Paranid gamestart. I grew obsessed with this mission, restarting countless times to see just how fast I could complete the plot. That obsession is irrelevant except that I realized that there must be some players out there who not only want this ship, but also want as little time elapsed as possible, likely due to a desire to go rescue the Terran economy before it implodes.

Recently I saw a post by Eisenkalle (here) with a game upload at the completion of the plot, and with a fully maxed out overtuned Hyperion. This prompted me to go ahead and mark my best time and upload a nice clean game. So here I present you with an early X-Mass gift : A gamesave at the end of the Poisoned Paranid plot with 0:5:28 elapsed. I tried to keep the universe as unravaged as possible, but you have knowledge of several important sectors including Omicron Lyrae, Legend's Home, Home of Light, Ianamus Zura, Family Pride, Menelaus' Frontier, Argon Prime, etc..

The situation is thus: Your meager assets are all in Queen's Harbor. You have 26.8 million in the bank, and you are docked at the trading station, ready to communicate with "Nula Li" to get your ships back! You have some trade rank and some fight rank. You are mostly friends with everyone, though you've probably got a bit of pirate ire up with a few assassination missions. You've never killed a Yaki though, so there is that. No plots started. No current missions. 6000 ecells in your Demeter ready to fuel up your Hyperion.

Save Game Link Comm the station for your Hyperion and Advanced Perseus. Good luck pilot.

Now, if anyone wants to play the reload game and get a Hyperion with Max Tunings and re-upload, that would be super. I'll reload until I get something over 200 m/s. 209 is usually what I go with.

Details of the game follow:
Pictures are taken after turning in 25 million for the Hyperion.... IE, a minute after the uploaded savegame, to give you an idea of what assets you will have.

Playerstats 1: [ external image ] Playerstats2: [ external image ] Assets: [ external image ]

Vanilla 3.0 with Bonus Pack.

Summary of info in the pictures, from after turning in your 25million:

1.8 million in the bank, Your Hyperion Vanguard, and Advanced Perseus.

Also, A Boa, Kestrel, your starting Demeter Hauler, and the local Skate Prototype and Blastclaw Prototype derelict ships. All ships are fairly kitted out, including 1 turbobooster MK1 to share, and full software packages / tunings (minus rudder).

If anyone wants to talk about how I did this I'd be willing of course. I do realize this post looks like a bit of showing off. I admit I'm proud of this achievement, but I'm posting as a contribution I hope. Maybe the upside of an obsession is something to show for it? I think a time under 5 hours is quite possible....

Put the save in the savegames directory. Instructions here thanks to em3e3 for the link.

(author's link notes: pre-Hyperion: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b4afc47/n/X09.sav
With 216 m/s speed: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b4ag35c/n/X10.sav
)
Last edited by Smacksim on Fri, 31. Dec 10, 17:19, edited 2 times in total.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 22:10

I applaude your efforts in this! 5 hours is pretty darn fast and, as you say, it's important to rescue the Terrans before the important stations disappear (like the Wraith fabs!). I'll definately try my hand at getting a really good overtuned one and if you could tell me how to post a save I'll upload it.

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 22:15

About uploading: I just did a google search for free file upload sites and found http://www.filefactory.com/ and went with that. There's an upload link on the front page. Click that, choose the file to upload. When it's done an upload link appears. Copy that and you're done. By the way, I think there are better sites than filefactory. It does the annoying: "Wait 30 seconds to download" thing. I'm sure others don't have this 'feature'.

Freeholder
x4

Post by Freeholder » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 22:19

I thought I was doing well when I hit 27 million at 23 hours in my most recent attempt :doh:

suiren
x3tc

Post by suiren » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 06:36

That's pretty quick for 25mil, and mainly mission rewards?

I usually wait until the last minute to turn in the 25mil. The game start gives you 72 hours of free run against the Paranid and rewards you at the end of it, seems a waste not to use the time :D

...now to spend eternity reloading to get that Hyperion you "want" (For those who use the save game)

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 06:59

I used to use the time just as you do suiren, but after 5 or so playthroughs I started to realize that it isn't that big a deal to recover Paranid rank. You can always go back later and decimate your backstabbing Three-eyed brothers and bounce back through missions before doom-level hatred is incurred. And even then, it isn't so bad.

Yes, 95% of that 26.8 million is from mission rewards, directly or indirectly :wink:

As I mentioned in the opening post, if anyone gets a maxed Hyperion from the save, that would be great if they could post it. I've got a 223 m/s that I'm happy with, but might as well go all the way for this "pretty quick" (ha!) opening.

I reloaded twice, by the way (except for quitting for the day). Once when I spent too long chasing Xenon around some Argon sector and realized I had gone down the wrong mission chain, and another time early on when I forgot to build some Boron reputation before entering Queens Harbor and realized it would shave significant time if I went back to Faded Dreams and did just that. Other than that it came down to the fact that I got very lucky on my last mission.....

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 07:13

You could have turned the verbose ship computer off :P
Thanks for this, I've wanted this start but couldn't be bothered to do the Teladi one first! Playing with the hyp may give me the motivation I need to buy an M7M in my regular game, who knows, maybe I'll forget about my regular game. Will report back if I get anything over 250m/s

Cheers,

Marv

P.S. is it also normal to get marines on board? one was 81 in fighting, not a fast ship though :(
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 07:26

MarvinTheMartian wrote:...P.S. is it also normal to get marines on board? one was 81 in fighting, not a fast ship though :(
Yup. What comes on the ship is random as well. When I got my 216 Hyp it came with a Split Marine with 5 stars in Fighting.

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 07:26

I'll tell Betty what you said about her :)

Yes, marines are the norm, and sometimes some very good ones. Keep a lookout for Hull Polarizing Devices and Internal Sentry Lasers too. Not that these are anything but window dressing for player ships.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 09:09

c,5,[enter],[enter],l,[enter],[enter],[Page Down] :( [Shift]+l,[enter],[enter]...........
c,5,[enter],[enter],l,[enter],[enter],[Page Down] :( [Shift]+l,[enter],[enter]...........
etc. etc.
maybe try again tomorrow, best I got was 223.2m/s - not bad but not worth uploading. I'm sure someone can do better ;)
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Wed, 15. Dec 10, 22:17

I did the reloading game a bunch this afternoon, and a terrible thing happened: I decided to clean the room during the load times and now I'm all done with that :shock:. I also got a 223.2 (23 tunings), early on in the reload game. I guess I'll hook up another computer so I can do other things whilst the reload game continues later on....

I'm stuck though: If I accept the 23-tunings ship I know I'll never come back and try for the 25-tuning ship again, and it would be nice to upload that here for anyone wanting a significant jumpstart on the post Poisoned Paranid game.

PwnRanger

Post by PwnRanger » Fri, 31. Dec 10, 01:02

How do I use the X09.sav file? I'm playing the steam version and I don't see .sav files anywhere in my game directory. In fact I can't make out what the save files are.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Fri, 31. Dec 10, 01:09

PwnRanger wrote:How do I use the X09.sav file? I'm playing the steam version and I don't see .sav files anywhere in my game directory. In fact I can't make out what the save files are.
The FAQ knows all.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Seleucius
x3tc

Post by Seleucius » Fri, 31. Dec 10, 04:15

236m/s: http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7879 ... n00003.jpg
Vanilla: http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/2039 ... 00004p.jpg

The time's not exactly impressive, no, but I believe that's at least a contender for fastest vanilla Hype out there. Though I think this may have been a couple hours after I got it, this save's from a year or so ago...

Hamakua
x4

Post by Hamakua » Fri, 31. Dec 10, 05:28

I also got the 236.4 (was it .4, forgot). I have only read of one player getting above the 236, uit was supposedly a german player over on teh other forums, he supposedly spent 3 real life days re-loading. I think the next step up from 236 was/is 250 and it goes no higher.

IIRC all of the above, it has been a while since I researched it.

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Fri, 31. Dec 10, 17:13

Thanks em3e3 for the link. I should have indicated where to put the save. I'll quote the text in the link in the OP to help anyone else who wants to give it a go.

I've not managed to get over 23 tunings on this particular save (or an earlier one!) yet and still welcome anyone who does to upload it! -S
Last edited by Smacksim on Fri, 31. Dec 10, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.

Seleucius
x3tc

Post by Seleucius » Fri, 31. Dec 10, 19:06

Smacksim wrote:I've not managed to get over 23 tunings on this yet and still welcome anyone who does to upload it! -S
Not something I normally do, but here's 25.

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Fri, 31. Dec 10, 21:28

GAH! Thanks Seleucius, but what I meant was 25 tunings from this early a save (5 hours 28 minutes), 3.0 vanilla. Your save is @ 19 hours, version 2.5. I was quite excited with your post and misunderstood.

PwnRanger

Post by PwnRanger » Sat, 1. Jan 11, 05:52

Here is a 236 from the 5 hours 28 minutes save:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b4e5d61/n/X07.sav

This is the Hyperion with 25 engine tunings
maneuverability is 6.2
cargobay maxes at 3333

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Sat, 26. Feb 11, 05:23

Thanks PwnRanger. Sorry I didn't reply earlier. Haven't played in months! Your save should be a boon to those of us who like to restart a lot but are obsessive about fixing the Terran economy.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”