How to recover a freight drone?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

How to recover a freight drone?

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 13:43

I parked my mighty Boreas next to my weed plex to take on some energy cells with a freight drone. I asked it to fetch more ECs then I had room for and it just stopped next to me with a full load of it. I beamed across what I could take then asked it to dump the surplus back then come back out. Looked everywhere, there is no command to recover the drone and it certainly won't dock to the Boreas. If I try running over it I just take out its shield.

How do I recover it??
"WhiskeyCorp - The universe's local monopoly" (TM)

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 13:55

Drones require a docking bay and at least one spare docking slot.

Destroyers don't have docking bays.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 14:05

You say you tried to fly over it? This is the normal way to pick up drones as they are classed as freight.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 14:20

When you beamed across as many ecells as you could, you did remember to leave enough cargo space to pick up the freight drone again, didn't you?

You didn't, did you? :p

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Psychoclops
x3tc

Post by Psychoclops » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 14:27

perkint wrote:When you beamed across as many ecells as you could, you did remember to leave enough cargo space to pick up the freight drone again, didn't you?

You didn't, did you? :p

Tim
As embarrasing as it seems, i have actually done that (but did figure it out for myself in the end lol)

Shadowofpeace
x4

Post by Shadowofpeace » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 13:20

How come freight drones will not dock with me. Flying TM with one free docking bay. Have around 1000 cargo space in TM and ejected the drone then told it to dock at my TM but keep flying around my ship and hangs around the back area... Use to auto dock like M5 ship but now it dose not, worked fine in V1.4 anyone know why that is? Please do not tell me that it only try to enter via cargo bay as i know this in not the case
Palidor86

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 13:56

@ Shadowofpeace: This old thread is about someone just forgetting to leave any space in the cargobay before running over a drone. Your other recent thread on freight drones no longer auto-docking is far more likely to get you an answer that applies today.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

BDK
x3ap

Post by BDK » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 15:03

Use the 'return home' command, not the docking command and make sure you have enough cargo space otherwise it'll just float around.

Shadowofpeace
x4

Post by Shadowofpeace » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 18:17

"Return Home" works for the freight drone but not fighter drone. In V1.4 of TC could tell the fighter drones to return home or dock. Second the freight drones would try do dock via hanger if one was free first before trying to entre via cargo bay. I would sit there and watch them do it if the fun of it. If only one hanger was available for docking they would line up one by one as each was preparing to dock. Will try to get my first TC disk working and will try and do some test. If it works on unmodified version 1.? then will record and show what I mean
Palidor86

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 18:24

Since you'd already started a thread on this topic and it's still on the front page, there was no point in dredging up an old thread on the exact same topic. This one will now head into the abyss.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”