Teladi not so tolerant after all

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

brattbags01
x3tc

Teladi not so tolerant after all

Post by brattbags01 » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 22:25

hey guys
I was under the obviously mistaken impression that the teladi didn't mind booze or weed fabs in their space so imagine my suprise (and annoyance) when a Booze 'n' Weed complex in Ceo's Buckzoid was attacked by a Teladi Military Shrike !
Got the message "One of your factories is under attack...Ceo's Buckzoid" and jumped there straight away and there was the shrike attacking the complex. Now, i'm on good terms with the Teladi so why was the Shrike red, I apologised for accidental gunfire and the Shrike turned blue for a short time but then returned red again.
What gives ?
X3 TC
Trade: Tycoon
Fight: X-Treme

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 22:33

Weed is legal in Teladi space, but booze isn't. :wink:

brattbags01
x3tc

Post by brattbags01 » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 22:46

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:Weed is legal in Teladi space, but booze isn't. :wink:
Ah ! i see, still, i'm still sorta suprised that they have an aversion to booze, I thought the Teladi would not care so long as they can turn a prifitssss.
Also I constructed another Booze 'n' Weed complex in Two Grand and they ain't toutched that one ?
X3 TC

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 22:53

They will eventually, you can only build booze plex in Pirate, US and Terran sectors, and weed in Teladi sectors.

brattbags01
x3tc

Post by brattbags01 » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 23:06

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:They will eventually, you can only build booze plex in Pirate, US and Terran sectors, and weed in Teladi sectors.
Well it's been there quite a long time and so far nothing has come near it so here's hoping.

Edit: I would hate to have to go to war with the Teladi, I kinda like em'
Last edited by brattbags01 on Fri, 17. Dec 10, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
X3 TC

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 23:07

brattbags01 wrote:Ah ! i see, still, i'm still sorta suprised that they have an aversion to booze, I thought the Teladi would not care so long as they can turn a prifitssss.
But they're not turning the profitsssss, you are :wink:
brattbags01 wrote:Also I constructed another Booze 'n' Weed complex in Two Grand and they ain't toutched that one ?
Yet. :wink:

Bad choice of factory placements, dude! If you dissemble the complexes and do not link in the booze factories, you'll be able to save the rest of it, provided you remain OOS when it's attacked (or stray fire will probably wipe out a couple of other factories).

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 23:12

brattbags01 wrote:Ah ! i see, still, i'm still sorta suprised that they have an aversion to booze, I thought the Teladi would not care so long as they can turn a prifitssss.
I'm not sure the booze itself is the problem.

Betty says something about heavily restricted trade licenses in the item description. To get a propper license you probably need to be teh local guv'ner's son-in-law or something, and they'll break your store if you try competing against their family buisiness.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 00:02

brattbags01 wrote:
SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:They will eventually, you can only build booze plex in Pirate, US and Terran sectors, and weed in Teladi sectors.
Well it's been there quite a long time and so far nothing has come near it so here's hoping.

Edit: I would hate to have to go to war with the Teladi, I kinda like em'
Well that depends when a Teladi military patrol ends up in that sector, I think they also send out recon ships. It would also be a bit extreme to go to war with the Teladi over one booze plex. :shock:

garv222

Post by garv222 » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 00:34

It doesn't need to be a teladi military force to take out your complex. I've seen other races in other races territories take out my space fuel complexes before I knew better.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

BDK
x3ap

Post by BDK » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 03:52

haha I was looking for a spot to put my shiny new space fuel distillery and spotted some in Argon space, so I popped one in Argon Prime thinking they allowed the stuff and thought cash would roll in.

That day I learned to check the encyclopedia for illegal goods :)

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 07:46

Find a Pirate Sector and build there.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

brattbags01
x3tc

Post by brattbags01 » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 09:54

Or any unknown sectors. I control all the unknown sectors and they all have a Booze 'n' Weed complex in 'em.
Watch those profitssss roll in. Even in sectors with only one gate access they come in their droves.
X3 TC

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 12:52

brattbags01 wrote:
SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:Weed is legal in Teladi space, but booze isn't. :wink:
Ah ! i see, still, i'm still sorta suprised that they have an aversion to booze, I thought the Teladi would not care so long as they can turn a prifitssss.
Probably a race relation thing. The Teladi have to at least look like they're combating piracy. Kinda win-win for them anyway; sell ships to pirates for a profit then subsequently destroy some of those ships and everyone loves you.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 15:07

Don't forget Goner space for otherwise illegal fabs :)

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”