Problem With Aldrin Jumpgate Mission

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

X3caldarian

Problem With Aldrin Jumpgate Mission

Post by X3caldarian » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 13:04

So I've a (relatively) good boy and the Terrans love me, I do Final Fury (top class last mission BTW) and I have the second set of Hub gates up and running and I get recalled to earth to do a bit of niv. mining and then have to get a guy from an Aldrin base and fly him to another base in Aldrin 2.

So.....

All that aside I find myself in a position where there is the yellow mission marker around the supply station, I dock and it comes up with something like "Getxy/@123,63yb28(blah blah)Fly to gate 2"

The mission info updates, and the guy I'm transporting is no longer in my ship but not at the station, then when I undock the yellow mission marker remains on the supply base and not on either of the 2 gates in Aldrin 2 sector.

I have sodded about for ages flying hither and thither but nothing happens.

Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong ?

Also the "getxy/@......"bit is not exactly like that but is something like it, it looks a bit like (real life) code. (Or maybe the Xenons are playing with my swede)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 14:28

Looks like a bug.
Are you running in vanilla or have you added any scripts or mods,other than the bonus pack?

bonalste
x4

Post by bonalste » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 14:36

I had the same. Has this occured in Aldrin 2? This is exactly what happened to me but fear not! Look around the sector and you will see a bunch of ships around a gate (most noticably 2 capital ships). Just fly to within a few clicks of the gate and the mission marker will start working properly again - don't worry about the guy you were transporting, that side of it's completed as soon as you dock at the station in Aldrin 2.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Problem With Aldrin Jumpgate Mission

Post by Terre » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 22:58

X3caldarian wrote:All that aside I find myself in a position where there is the yellow mission marker around the supply station, I dock and it comes up with something like "Getxy/@123,63yb28(blah blah)Fly to gate 2"
Could you get a screen grab of the message, or make a game save available.

X3caldarian

Post by X3caldarian » Sun, 19. Dec 10, 17:52

Thx for the offers of help (screenshot etc) but I remembered the next day just how small Aldrin had looked and I done a reload and low and behold; The gate was there, it was a bug after all.

Happy Flying Guys. 8)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”