M6 and M7

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dogbite
x3ap

M6 and M7

Post by Dogbite » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 04:14

X3 TC
I need one of each I picked up a Hydra all I think it is good for is to carry a tractor beam and sit at the space fuel dock. I think the pilot is a drunk.
I need to get a better one of those. But that can do a little fighting?
And I heard about a M7 that was unowned and looking for a new owner if you know where that is let me know?

garv222

Post by garv222 » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 04:17

Am I the only person who is having trouble understanding the OP? The individual words make sense.....but when I read them in the post it's almost gibberish to me.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 04:17

If your race reputation with one of the main races are high (top three race ranks) AND your trade rank is high, you MAY get a return M7 mission from them.

It is completely feasible to outright steal the derelict M7, as long as you are willing to suffer the rep drop and a bit of police retaliation.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 04:19

garv222 wrote:Am I the only person who is having trouble understanding the OP? The individual words make sense.....but when I read them in the post it's almost gibberish to me.
Welcome to Appalachian prose.

suiren
x3tc

Post by suiren » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 04:39

I dont think there is an M7 or M6 just floating around in TC to be claimed freely. If you're looking to buy one, OTAS sells Skirons and if you start the Terran plot you get one for free plus access to Aldrin to buy the Springblossom which is a favourite of many here.

Or as eldyranx3 says steal (do not return) the ones from Return ship missions, all of my M7s and some M6 in my current game are from this...

...which reminds me, I still have to free my new Kraken from Ianamus EQD, currently being staked out by 2 Cerberus, Centaurs, Bombers and a cloud of fighters...

EDIT: I do hope this reply is understandable? :? :P

jwigeland
x3tc

Re: M6 and M7

Post by jwigeland » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 05:17

Dogbite wrote:X3 TC
I need one of each I picked up a Hydra all I think it is good for is to carry a tractor beam and sit at the space fuel dock. I think the pilot is a drunk.
I need to get a better one of those. But that can do a little fighting?
And I heard about a M7 that was unowned and looking for a new owner if you know where that is let me know?
SPOILERS - My favorite M6s are:

Vidar - Powerful Terran M6 that can mount 10 forward guns. It is obtained in the Terran Plot and is unique (so don't sell it).

Springblossom - Fast M6 (360 m/s) from Aldrin. It mounts SSC on the side and back which makes it a powerful anti-fighter ship.

Hyperion Vanguard - Uber M6 that has more cargo than any other M6 plus the ability to hold two fighters. This ship must be boarded from the Paranid, unless you play the Poisoned Paranid game start in which case you are given one at the conclusion of the story mission (with the chance of it being over-tuned).

In reference to the M7 that is unowned - this is in reference to the "return my ship" missions. Once your race reputation is high enough, the ship that has been lost can sometimes be an M7 or an M7M. Many players will simply claim the ship but never turn it back in as an easy way to score an expensive ship.

Police will attack (often with capital ships) for your theft but one way to get rid of them is to jump to the far side of a Xenon sector - the police will usually die flying through the Xenon sector chasing you.

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 05:36

jwigeland wrote:
Police will attack (often with capital ships) for your theft but one way to get rid of them is to jump to the far side of a Xenon sector - the police will usually die flying through the Xenon sector chasing you.
I used this in 2.7, might still be valid in 3.0:

Give the ship shields, a jumpdrive, weapons and use the UFJD, cancel the mission there.

Wait until the coppers come, jump back to known space. Police killed by cache deletion at no expense of rep.
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 05:40

Patholos wrote:
jwigeland wrote:
I used this in 2.7, might still be valid in 3.0:

Give the ship shields, a jumpdrive, weapons and use the UFJD, cancel the mission there.

Wait until the coppers come, jump back to known space. Police killed by cache deletion at no expense of rep.
WOW!!! :o Just to clarify for the OP, the un-focused jump-drive (UFJD) is the reward given to you for completing the Goner Plot.

I'm totally putting that at the top of my priroty list!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”