where is the Hive queen?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wooaa
x4

where is the Hive queen?

Post by wooaa » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 07:21

i saw it in the data fiels, but i dont think i have seen it. i beat OFF andi did not see it there. is it in the vanila game, or is it one of the dozens of ships that is in the fiels but not in game.
Chuck Noris CAN beleve its not butter!

no on 8

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 12:14

I thought it was encountered during O:FF myself, but apparently it's not. Just another ship that never made the cut. Albeit a very tough one.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 19:25

From what I remember from earlier postings about the Hive Queen, the ship only shows up at very high combatranks on the last (2?) missions of OFF. The ship can be easely missed as the looks are similar to that of the Khaak carrier from afar.

wooaa
x4

Post by wooaa » Tue, 21. Dec 10, 19:25

hmmmm. the kacchk are serounded by mistory. i wish egosoft would relese a book or somthing that shed some more light on them. the x encilopeda was disiponting in that regard.
Chuck Noris CAN beleve its not butter!

no on 8

patient zero
x3tc

Post by patient zero » Wed, 22. Dec 10, 00:46

AFAIK, the Hive Queen is a super-tuned Destroyer that lives in the hive sector. If you finished the OFF missions, it should be dead.

It might be worthwhile to reload the final OFF mission to attempt boarding it, but it might be unboardable like the #deca.
This is only a virtual reality.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Wed, 22. Dec 10, 01:25

It's actually closer to a carrier in all aspects except shielding, in which it excels: It is the most heavily shielded ship in the game. It is not guaranteed to appear in the hive sector: I recently did that mission and did not see the Hive Queen, but there's still the possibility that it only appears at high fightranks.

Like all Kha'ak battleships it is completely unboardable - probably because it doesn't work: no docking bay entries to accomodate the 25 fighters it should carry!
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

ComedianGR
x3fl

Post by ComedianGR » Wed, 22. Dec 10, 08:26

Haven't seen it myself yet but using the modelviewer I can tell that it is the same as a Kha-ak Carrier in every aspect except that it takes 5 more 2GJ shields (9 instead of 4).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”