Possible spoiler for getting a bought/capped ship out of Aldrin:

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Possible spoiler for getting a bought/capped ship out of Aldrin:

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 21. Dec 10, 00:14

OK, so you're heading for Aldrin in your playership. You haven't done the plot yet to link it up with the other jumpgates & you really want to get a Springy or something out so you can play with it.. but you don't have an Aran, so you can't dock the Springy to another ship & jump it out that way.

You can use the TM or similar to jump a fighter or several in, then tell the fighter(s) to swap their JD with the Springy.. but maybe they're doing other duties, or you haven't got a TM yet, or.. well, whatever

The answer: equip your playership with Trade Mk3. & Explorer s/w. The playership can't use Trade Mk3, but when you get to Aldrin you can buy your Springy at minimum price (don't need shields in Aldrin, but you may like to install Triplex) & swap the 2 softwares over. Set the Springy to Map Sector for the moment & jump back out. After (say) a game hour the Springy should have added quite a few stations to your map, so you can now set it to be a Sector Trader. This will keep the Aldrin economy (& some crucial stations) alive for a bit, while (hopefully) mapping some more stations.

Once the Springy levels out at L10, turn it into a ST. This will continue to level up the pilot. Once he/she reaches L12 you can turn it into a UT, whereupon they promptly get a JD delivered from somewhere (at +50% cost). Tell it to dock at a shipyard & buy your next Springy, transfer the pilot over, rinse & repeat. Presto! Springblossoms equipped with JDs in Aldrin

No, no, too much applause! I thankyou all!
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Skinmeister

Post by Skinmeister » Tue, 21. Dec 10, 00:35

Last edited by Skinmeister on Sun, 13. Feb 11, 18:49, edited 2 times in total.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Tue, 21. Dec 10, 00:38

Still, at the early begining, you might not have enough $$$ to afford the TM, Skinmiester.

And there are 2 starts that begin in Terran Space, and one additional in Aldrin.

Nice Tip!
-- GD

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 21. Dec 10, 01:05

Skinmeister wrote:Seems like a lot of time and effort when or you could just spend two minutes and not much money filling a TM with Argon M5s carrying jumpdrives and jump that in.
If you want that kind of micromanagement, fine. This way is almost automatic. One-off cost for the s/w, don't forget - in spite of the extra cost of the JD. You can only buy Springies one at a time, so that's not going to affect things.

If you want to go the full exploit route there's always the player EQD (placed in Aldrin) cloning, but I thought I'd try to present an alternative that wasn't quite so.. exploity :)
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Tue, 21. Dec 10, 01:15

Or the jumpdrive swaparooni exploit :)
Spoiler
Show
Order a jump capable ship to jump and fly to a station somewhere, then just as it jumps, swap out the jumpdrive back into another ship (presumably your ship). Transporter device required. Though I suppose you could try ejecting the jumpdrive as it jumps instead....
This is the poor man's Aran / TM.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 21. Dec 10, 01:24

Smacksim wrote:Or the jumpdrive swaparooni exploit :)
Transporter devices cost about 50K, so you're not saving any money. Micromanaging what you said takes very fast finger/menu control (so not for everyone), & I don't think you can eject stuff from a ship you're not in (but I may be wrong there - never tried)

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Tue, 21. Dec 10, 01:48

Yes, you can eject items from another ship's cargo hold.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Skinmeister

Post by Skinmeister » Tue, 21. Dec 10, 01:56

Last edited by Skinmeister on Sun, 13. Feb 11, 18:49, edited 2 times in total.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 21. Dec 10, 02:26

Skinmeister wrote:A TM costs 400k, a Discoverer 20k (80k less the 60k you'll get back by selling it),
Is that guaranteed? I was under the impression that the resale value of ships depends upon the race rep of <player> to the shipyard's race
two jumpdrives 200k,
Why buy an extra 2 jumpdrives? Think about it. Playership has to have a JD to get to Aldrin; that's the only JD you need to buy

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”