Khaak Destroyer vs Sabre + NPCs

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KRTac
x3tc

Khaak Destroyer vs Sabre + NPCs

Post by KRTac » Mon, 27. Dec 10, 15:38

TL;DR: I managed to kill a Khaak Destroyer with 2 indestructible NPCs and my Sabre.

So I just started playing yesterday and I got to the part where I get 3 additional rapiers and 2 NPCs to go and patrol some sectors. Everything goes well until Circle Of Labour, where two shiny new Khaak Destroyers!! where waiting for me.

After trying to get near one of them a couple of times, I noticed that they have a little whole in the rear (engine or whatnot), and I figured I might be able to hide in there. So, after about 20 attempts to get in the whole, I was so frustrated that I finally got on the internet and tried ti find some way of taking them down. After searching for answers on this forum, i found out that it's in fact a random sector invasion that's been incorporated in the plot, and that the destroyers weren't supposed to be there.

So, I had the option to start a new campaign all over again (I didn't have any savegames before I got the mission) or try to take down the destroyers.

So, today I continued playing and I managed to get in the whole in the second or third try. After about a half an hour of shooting and managing the speed and position so that I don't hit the ship, the destroyers shields where down and the ship was destroyed shortly after.

I wouldn't have been able to do any of this if it weren't for the two indestructible NPC ships from the plot.

So, I think this is a situation that shouldn't happen. EGOSOFT, pleas fix this.

Omini
x4

Post by Omini » Mon, 27. Dec 10, 15:41

Congrats, but if it's a bug/glitch report then I believe you should post it in the Technical section.

However, you should also mention if you've added any mods to the game as they may have interfered with the spawning.
amtct wrote:Don't quote this
I should be a journalist.

Tutorial On Selecting Single Mod Package

KRTac
x3tc

Post by KRTac » Mon, 27. Dec 10, 15:49

Ok...but, I noticed that it's a known problem, so I didn't feel the need to file a bug report. I will post it there and see what happens.

I haven't installed any mods. I have the latest version of the game available on Steam.

BDK
x3ap

Post by BDK » Mon, 27. Dec 10, 18:45

Pretty sure you are patrolling for xenon, not kha'ak so just skip them. You dont wanna mess with a destroyer in your tiny little m4 fighter anyway. However if they were highlighted with an orange reticule then something is messed up indeed.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Mon, 27. Dec 10, 18:53

BDK wrote:Pretty sure you are patrolling for xenon, not kha'ak so just skip them. You dont wanna mess with a destroyer in your tiny little m4 fighter anyway. However if they were highlighted with an orange reticule then something is messed up indeed.
I think patrol missions want you to kill all enemy race ships before you can move on - including any other enemies that happen to be there. I might be wrong, of course.

KRTac
x3tc

Post by KRTac » Mon, 27. Dec 10, 19:02

MegaJohnny wrote:
BDK wrote:Pretty sure you are patrolling for xenon, not kha'ak so just skip them. You dont wanna mess with a destroyer in your tiny little m4 fighter anyway. However if they were highlighted with an orange reticule then something is messed up indeed.
I think patrol missions want you to kill all enemy race ships before you can move on - including any other enemies that happen to be there. I might be wrong, of course.
I don't know if that is the case (although it makes sense). The plot mission was instructing me to get rid of the xenon, but when I did that, the khaak where still marked by the mission indicator, so yeah..I think that on patrol missions you must destroy all hostile NPC's to continue.

That's ok when you get a random mission somewhere, but it's not ok when the plot progress is at stake.

I think that there needs to be a distinction between plot missions and regular missions. That's why I would qualify this as a bug.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”