Getting to Aldrin

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ruges
x4

Getting to Aldrin

Post by Ruges » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 14:18

OK so I have been flying around in my Original Bustard since I have started the game. Now I have decided I need an upgraded ship. And I need somthing with speed. (as most stuff seems to easily outrun me). So I looked up the handy ship charts. And I am kinda liking the looks of the springblossom ship. It has good speed (poor turning). and good laser energy. Which are the two main things I am looking at. Now I see this ship is only availible at the Aldrin shipyard. Ok so looking at the map I see the aldrin system. However there are no connections to get to it. Its like a self contained system. I cannot figure out a way to get to it. So how do you get to the Aldrin system?

rshampshire
x3tc

Post by rshampshire » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 14:24

The co-ordinates for Aldrin are provided during the Terran plot.

redjay
x4

Post by redjay » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 16:47

If you have a jumpdrive then try jump to it (even though it lacks gates)

if you can see it on your in game map that is. if not you'll have to do the plot mentioned above.

Omini
x4

Post by Omini » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 18:57

If you mean you looked at a map that wasn't in the game, then you have to play through the Terran plot until it is opened up to you. Otherwise use your jumpdrive.
amtct wrote:Don't quote this
I should be a journalist.

Tutorial On Selecting Single Mod Package

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 19:14

The Buster you start out in with the Nostalgic Argon start is plenty enough to get far enough through the Terran plot to get access to Aldrin.

The only complication I can see would be if you're running a Custom start? Without the Terran plot enabled, I dont know if there's any way to get there.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”