Script/Mod request - shadowgenerator

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Romalt
x3tc

Script/Mod request - shadowgenerator

Post by Romalt » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 15:50

Hello Mateys

I've been a long time listener, user of a few of your excellent mods, uses the keyfrase: "not too much - but add a little flavor to make a better soup.."

But i've been wondering.. Are there a script that allows a ship to turn invissible? - a shadowgenerator that allows a wee pirate like meself to sneak up on that unknowing boring boron M6/M7 and start blazing it apart only to dissappear into the shadows once more :twisted: my thought was that the generator shouldn't be able to work when the lasers starts firing but be able to turn the ship invissible to the naked eye and GRAVIDAR.. perhaps with an afterglow (if pirates in general could be made to use them as well would be great :D )

my thought was to invent a hardware that uses e-cells to turn the ship periodically invissible (to make it unseen, my english here is uncertain but invissible/unseen and invincible/indestructible are two clearly different things..) and that it is energyconsuming like a hundred e-cells a minute or perhaps more, has a recharge period so as not to promote overexposure and a maximum activation time of approximately 10 minutes or so..

Be welcome to comment that i'm virtually insane if it is'nt possible, i'm not that comfortable with scripting and modding myself..

/ romalt

ps. the device should be illegal, and only usable by corvettes and lesser ships so as not to distort the balance of combat too much..

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 16:30

There was a script like that for the game X3 Reunion. It worked by illusion and merely made every ship within radar range "friendly" status. So, they of course would leave you alone. It is a complex script and hard to write though. That's why it hasn't been written for X3TC before. Unless someone wants to just steal the Reunion script and pretend the code is their own, I don't forsee anyone writing the script anytime soon.

Romalt
x3tc

Post by Romalt » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 22:28

ok thanks just an idea anyway:D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”