Ai M8. Wth?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

e1team
x3tc

Ai M8. Wth?

Post by e1team » Wed, 29. Dec 10, 20:52

Damn! AI controlled M8 are damn effective! Tried to take out that Paranid Zeus and didn't notice these two Hades. I was dead in less than 30 seconds :o The 3.0 patch did a damn good job there. No rest for the wicked :shock:
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

IanA23
x3tc

Post by IanA23 » Wed, 29. Dec 10, 20:55

Direct an M8 you own to attack a khaak station and watch how effective it is at committing suicide :)

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Wed, 29. Dec 10, 20:58

Since 3.0 so many things changed. Gotta learn the game from beginning :shock:
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."

Ozkar
x3tc

Post by Ozkar » Wed, 29. Dec 10, 22:22

In combat M8s should only receive move to this location/follow this ship commands and missile barrage commands... imho. When I tell an M8 to destroy a Kha'ak station that M8 would never show up on the K-station's gravidar, even if it had a triplex scanner. i just wish the AI would use the M8 as artillery support better... or maybe I don't as I don't like reloading all the time :lol:

Just curious, what were you flying attacking a Zeus? If I remember right, Tomohawks have a damage of 625,000 so it would take at least 2 to down a corvette, an M7 would take... at least 12? I haven't had the AI do a proper missile spam with an M8 yet, if you had, I am jealous :P
Give me a mamba or give me death!

Omini
x4

Post by Omini » Wed, 29. Dec 10, 23:23

IanA23 wrote:Direct an M8 you own to attack a khaak station and watch how effective it is at committing suicide :)
You mean the fact most M8s are missile shaped is just purely coincidence and absolutely ineffective against bases?? Darn...
amtct wrote:Don't quote this
I should be a journalist.

Tutorial On Selecting Single Mod Package

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 02:19

Ozkar wrote:In combat M8s should only receive move to this location/follow this ship commands and missile barrage commands... imho. When I tell an M8 to destroy a Kha'ak station that M8 would never show up on the K-station's gravidar, even if it had a triplex scanner. i just wish the AI would use the M8 as artillery support better... or maybe I don't as I don't like reloading all the time :lol:

Just curious, what were you flying attacking a Zeus? If I remember right, Tomohawks have a damage of 625,000 so it would take at least 2 to down a corvette, an M7 would take... at least 12? I haven't had the AI do a proper missile spam with an M8 yet, if you had, I am jealous :P
Cerberus with 2.2 Gj shielding :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”