[Mod]Engine Colours + particle trails MK 2 Release V0.03 beta [12/04 CMOD compatible]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Martox29a
x3tc

Post by Martox29a » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 19:02

killerog wrote:Still reinstalling everything so will be a couple more days before I look at this.
Hey I didn't mean to hurry you! :wink: I'm just listing the possible bugs as i find them. I don't mind being a beta tester (well... sort of) and i really think you made a wonderful job anyways.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 20:50

More bug reports the better. Get as many done in one hit.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 22:36

noticed a few things while trying out yr mod download & installer.
When i select it for X3 Albion Prelude and point it to the AP.exe
and select de mod ''Engine Colours and Partle MK2'' and flag option
''install as fake patch'' it does the following :

it warns me that certain files in my addon types folder are going to be replaced and asked if i wanna continue (this is good, means it detect conflicts in my types folder inside the addon folder)

it then adds the following in the addon folder (keep in mind i selected ''install as fake patch'') :

- an addon folder which contains Mods and types folder ?? (addon folder inside addon folder !)
- a dds folder
- a L folder (which needs to be adjusted to X3 AP pics)
- an objects folder
- a tex folder
- a cat & dat file called 9 which contains also above mentioned things (yeah, i have 8 cat & dat files already in my addon folder .. but the cat/dat should have been 09 .. not 9)

To summarize : for X3 AP use the fake patch methode needs an extra 0
when it comes to assigning cat / dats and it should not extract all these things when the option ''install as fake patch'' is flagged.

Otherwise its a good installer .. it just needs to be adjusted for X3 AP

qwizzie
Last edited by qwizzie on Fri, 6. Jan 12, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 23:36

Thats due to the zip file including a few extra folders my mistake. That will be fixed once I release the mod. The fake patch method is a bit experimental at the moment.

Good to hear it works though apart from the zip file including the wrong folders.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 00:19

what i downloaded so far with yr download and install manager and in the end got to work in my own X3 AP game looks really good. Cant wait till yr offical X3 AP mod-release will be out. Well done so far.

Martox29a
x3tc

Post by Martox29a » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 01:12

I still think this is the best trails mod ever (capital ships with engine trails!), but i acquired an Odin and had to switch to a different one. Flying a Chokaro with bugged trails was not a real problem, flying a huge invisible capital ship is an entirely different matter. :(

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 01:22

Ill look into those bugs before I release the AP version and i will update the TC version at the same time.

Martox29a
x3tc

Post by Martox29a » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 22:06

Just for you yo know: i edited your mod and fixed those problems myself, well... "fixed" may not be the right word, but everything seems to be working decently now, at least i can see my Odin and fire with my Blastclaw.
If my work can be useful to you just pm me :) (aligning all eight atmo lifter lights guessing the right positions was like playing mastermind with loading times, kind of fun actually... kind of...)

OwnlyMe
x4

Post by OwnlyMe » Thu, 15. Jun 17, 15:12

doesn't work in albion prelude :(

edit: thank you very much, the one you replied works pretty good
just a few ships have issues, but thats okay
Last edited by OwnlyMe on Sun, 27. Aug 17, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 17:54

Try this one https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhdLe0wCfvtrvd1L5M8qOIECwNQTRw

This is AP_Killerog_Colour_Engine_Trails_MK2_VB0.03. I cant remember what that contains now though.

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 22:46

That installs in AP, and works for a minute, but then results in a CTD. Can't say it's not a conflict with another mod, though, cause I have at least 47 total mods installed right now.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 23:15

Never heard of it causing a CTD but as you say it might be conflicting with another mod. If I remember correctly it wont work 100% with anything that modifies tships. Not sure if there is anything else ( I cant remember what file is what any more).

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 23:41

I think I've narrowed it down to the file Lensflares.txt. Removing that, and the game no longer CTD, and I still see the pretty engine trails.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 23:42

Yeh you will still get the trails just not the modified lens effects for them ( different size/textures/colours).

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 23:55

These look really pretty. Do you know if it's possible to adjust the view distance for them, or is that perhaps controlled by the engine? They seem to come into view approx. 2km from the target. It would be cool to see it from a great distance.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 23:59

That's controlled by the engine, along with a few other issues which is why they were mostly dark grey/black in the game. Bright colours show up some issues.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”