Are Satellites permanent? Some are dissapearing.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sfeautomenu

Are Satellites permanent? Some are dissapearing.

Post by sfeautomenu » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 02:09

I noticed some have been dissapearing. Do they have a time limit or something? Its been happening in sectors I dont visit, so theres no collision detection so I dont think they're being crashed into...

Khift

Post by Khift » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 02:11

Are they getting shot up? Hostiles will attack your satellites and blow them up. Check your message log; they register a message just like a ship death would.

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 02:12

They were probably destroyed by pirates of Xenon, check your message log.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 14:54

Enemy ships will attack and destroy satellites of both types quite regularly.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 23:21

Best advice I find on here is to place your sats well above or below shipping lanes.

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 23:36

and don't run them over with a ship your flying (or another of your ships IS), they will hover them up :wink:
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire"

glenmcd
x3tc

satellite placement

Post by glenmcd » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 05:27

Losing satellites was really annoying and was happening because of enemy attacks on them. So eventually I placed them all at extreme lower right corner of the sector when viewed at 50 percent. The only time I lost one placed thus was in Home Of Light, and that was because in there, that spot is too close to the planet. The log stated "destroyed by PLANET". Doing it this way means I can't look for enemies being present in the sector, but at least I'm never in the situation where I can't see what's for sale. Using lots of lasertowers surrounding satellites near shipping lanes is marginal protection at best. It results in the ship computer constantly saying "one of your ships is under attack", and eventually even a bunch of 100 lasertowers will all be destroyed. In a Xenon sectory it will take maybe a few game hours or less.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”