Avoiding the wraith of GoD

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bluebird1927
x2

Avoiding the wraith of GoD

Post by bluebird1927 » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 16:05

I have 10 UT's in my save at the moment, about 20 game days in, and lots of factories have simply been removed. I no longer have any Marine Training baracks, have about 5 flail missile factories and about 5 Hammer Torpedo Factories left. And these are just the factories that I am looking to use at the moment. I have not even gone into Terran space, so I can only imagine what GoD has been upto in those sectors.

If this keeps up then the verse will produce nothing more than food stuffs, I'd prefer it if I didnt have to produce the tech items for the rest of the verse.

How many UT's would I need to set up in the whole X-verse to move around enough supply's to stop GoD from removing stations?

Like I say I have 10 at the moment, I'm thinking of starting again as my verse has been decimated my this angry deity.

Is there another way to stop this, as the reason I stopped at 10 UT's is that I begin to earn too much cash, which I find spoils the game.

Could GoD require a ritual blood sacrifice to apease him?

It seems GoD is more of a mystery in the X-verse than in real life
Intel E8400
HD4850
Seagate 250GB
Vista Premium 64bit

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 16:13

Indeed we know little about GoD and it seems FBM and HHT facts. go very very quickly. It's not the number of UTs you want, it's the spread. I'd suggest LTs, for one. UTs will gather in the most profitable area of the universe. Good for profitsss :teladi: but bad for economic revival. If you're friends with everyone it's always good to set up a few trading blocks of LTs with overlap.

I generally set up several covering Argon and Boron space in the NW, further down the west a few in Paranid space, and down into the SW Boron, Split and Teladi sectors, LTs covering Teladi and Split central space, a few in the Argon central areas, a few in NE Split and Boron space, and another web in the SW and S covering Paranid, Teladi and Boron.

Then lots in Terran space.

By making sure they overlap a lot you get lots of trade flowing too! Don't be afraid to set up complexes, sometimes I buy in ridiculous amounts of stuff just to get more production up.

Once things are looking up, then unleash the UTs too!
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 16:28

As above poster said, LT's will help alot more in keeping the economy alive then UT's. UT's are a good help in emptying the weapon & techfacilities tho, wich in turn keeps the economy flowing. Also in some sectors you'll need to add stations to keep them going, lest they stall.

Here's a post I made a long time ago about economies in a long game, so you know what to expect:
Starlight_Corporation wrote:Some pointers for the economy standpoint in a long vanilla game(+300 game hours):

Stable economies(those that can last with minimal to no input from players, this excludes RNG/GoD having a field day):

-the original sectors are very stable (the sectors that date back to XBTF) they don't really need player interaction to keep up. The small size of the sectors also help

-The south Paranid block(Friar's retreat & surroundings)

-the southwest Boron block (Dark waters & linked boron sectors)Special note: only the upper sectors in this block are stable, the two huge sectors tend to die off.

Unstable economies (economies that are prone to crash without player intervention, usually a few LT's and an occasional station will make them stable)

-The line of sectors introduced in X-tension/X2, many of them are small race blocks where the removal of one resource-related fab (energy/food/ore/sc) can lead to a standstill of that race economy in that block. More details described below
-The Xenon blockadesectors increase this problem

-Argon east central block (Aladna Hill): Stable most of the time but due to Akeela's beacon it can stall. The SPP's are key here. Due to the amount some WILL vanish. If the ones close to the gates vanish, or the ones in Aladna hill itself, the traveldistance becomes too great & economy stalls) If the further out SPP's vanish, there's no issue and the economy keeps on going for a very long time, this in turn keeps the Boron central block going(Lucky Planets)

-Argon west central block (Omicron Lyrae): Tends to be a very stable sector up to Black Hole sun. All resources are close by (1-2 jumps from Omicron). The one thing that tends to destabilise this sector are the Xenon attacks. Xenon coming from Scale plate Green might destroy SPP's in Nyana's Hideout, Xenon in Black Hole Sun may lay waste to the cahoona Bakeries there. When this happens, it's over for this part of the universe. If the Xenon behave, this sector is very stable, practically self sustaining.

-The East Split sector block: should be large enough to sustain itself, but here the size of several key sectors hampers the economy (being terran sized) + the very specialized sectors. The xenon invasions don't help much either...

-Teladi west block (Grand exchange) fluctuates heavy, sometimes it boosts a strong economy, at other points it is dead. Fluctiations can be pointed to the lack of EQ docks in the area.

-Teladi north central block (PNTI HQ): is very unstable, relies alot on the SPP at it's edges (wich are terran sized sectors). Sometimes it flourishes, at others it's dead. It's unstable situation is further enhanced due to the Xenon sector cutting it off from the Ianama Zura block

-Teladi south center block (Ianama Zura): Starts the game as a very stable sector, is usually the main reason that the Boron lucky planet region stays stable as well(more below) In most games this economy is pretty stable, albeit later on it starts to decay due to traders persisting to go to the PNTI HQ region. If enough high demand stations are there, it pulls out too much traders from Ianama Zura, causing a collapse. In rare cases it remains stable, having it's exodus of teladi traders offset by an influx of argon/Boron traders.

-Teladi north block: (Mines of Fortune region) quite unstable region due to the outstretched resource-destination route. Teladi traders also tend to gravitate towards the original sectors, ingoring this place somewhat (Seizewell)

-Boron Southeast block: economic health is strongly tied to one sector: Queen's harbor: if it flourishes, the entire boron block lives a golden era. If Queen's harbor is dead, the entire boron region is dead. Reason of this is that it holds many key facilities (SPP/food) and lies central for easy acces to others.

-Boron central block (region around Lucky Planets). relies heavy on surrounding sectors/races to survive economically. Surrounding sectors stable: this region flourishes, if surrounding sectors are dead; this one is as well.

Economies that WILL crash without major player intervention Major here means doing more then just assigning traders and hope the economy works itself out. Usually, it is a grand undertaking, building complexes and/or deploying dozens of LT's to keep it afloat.

-Terran economy: well this is a deadbeat, economy crashes mainly due to lack of food, the sectorsizes don't help much either. Also badly placed Ice harvesting facilities, causing far too many traders in icehaul duties (some traders start in Mercury to get ice in pluto...)

-Aldrin: Due to it being plotrelated: a spoilertag
Spoiler
Show
sector is plainly too huge & even more so when player is IS (makes their traveltime double or even longer due to collision detection kicking in). It also lacks heavy hauler ships (face it springblossoms just carry too little if Ore is involved, or any other big resource ware)
The opening of Aldrin 2 helps a bit if an aldrin food/energy fab is present there.
-Yaki Space: Designed to crash, the Yaki have no traderships (Chokaro's could fit the bill if they were programmed for it). They also lack resources as all nearby races are hostile to them and they posses no industrial base of their own. One of their basic resources (wheat) lies 5-6 jumps away from them.

-Argon sectors beyond Black Hole sun: They will crash as the essential fabs are a bit too spread out to fully support it. Argon traders also tend to gravitate towards Omicron Lyrae system+2jumps

-North Boron Block: No suprise there, economy crashes even tho it has all the merits for a stable economy. The reason being the Xenon, just too many & they tend to shoot up many traders. leaving factories unsupplied.

-The south split enclave(Patriarch's Conclusion): it's just too small to support itself.

-Soutwest split enclave(Family Rhy): too large sectors around + long gatedistances. SPP's being at the edges don't help either

-South teladi sectors (Ministry of Finance): too small to sustain itself.

-Paranid sectors around Third Redemption: too small & too few tradestations nearby(they cause a drain by *consuming* goods).

Hope this will help you in determining what's to blame when an economy dries up.
So in short: if the original sectors + Southwest boron/Paranid Block stay virbant without (much) player intervention, you got a good balance.
All other regions seem to depend from player to player on their stability (in one game the Omicron lyrae region can be flourishing, while it's dead at someone else etc)
You can please GoD tho, by serving his insatiable needs, build hundreds of stations across the universe and release an army of Local Traders on the universe, forcing it's stability. In your game the Terran economy will be practically non-existant by now, but the good thing is, the Terran economy can be brought to life again, once you got lots of LT's running, new stations will be build, & others rebuild.

My current game has an almost universe wide economic stability. Only a few places aren't stable, but working on those (US in terran space beyond the second US after Oort Cloud, Zyarth's dominion +US east of it, Pirate sectors south of Loomanckstrat Legacy)

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 01:19

And I think the word you are looking for is Wrath. Although, a Mean Spirited God is not all that unlikely ...

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 10:04

Wraith of GoD? :O
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

bluebird1927
x2

Post by bluebird1927 » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 19:43

yes wrath would be the word i was looking for :oops: however you catch my drift :wink:

thanks to starlight corp, very helpful post
Intel E8400
HD4850
Seagate 250GB
Vista Premium 64bit

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 21:43

Wrath is nothing to be worried about. The Wraiths though, can cause some serious damage. Enough to take out stations!
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”