[X-T] Mouse Invert Tilt Control doesn't work properly

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

chrismokvack
x4

[X-T] Mouse Invert Tilt Control doesn't work properly

Post by chrismokvack » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 20:00

When I have Invert Tilt Control enabled and try to go down, the ship will initially go up for half a second before it starts going down. And once it starts going down it does so a snail speed. But if I so much as jerk my mouse a millimetre upwards the ships nose will go up as though I had maxed out the rudder upgrades ten times over, and if I move it two millimetres upwards the ship will do a backwards somersault. I didn't have this problem in X-BTF. If I disable Invert Tilt Control the ship handles normally. Any idea what might be the cause of the problem, or better yet - how to fix it?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 11:34

I've not heard of this problem I'm afraid. Have you got a different mouse you could try it with to see if it's specific to the one you have?

chrismokvack
x4

Post by chrismokvack » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 21:30

I tried with two other mice but I had the same problem with both of them. After some further experimenting I discovered that most of the time it works fairly well with all three mice. The thing with the nose going up when it's supposed to go down doesn't happen all the time - it seems it only happens if I have been flying straight for a long time, or have just come from of a station or a jump gate. Though it doesn't happen every time. At first when I try to to steer it's very easy to make the ship go up and very difficult to make it go down, but once I've moved the mouse around a bit it handles normally - at least until the next time I've flown straight for a long stretch or come out of a station/gate.

chrismokvack
x4

Post by chrismokvack » Tue, 18. Jan 11, 19:42

*Bump*

I changed the Argon Buster you start out with to an Argon Lifter, and then the issue became even worse. Now I can't go down at all. It doesn't matter which mouse I use - I tried three different ones!

Check out this video I made and see for yourselves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqN3g6GMOCY

The thing that happened at the end with the third mouse - that it first seems to want to go down but then changes its mind - is what it was like with the Buster, expect the other way around: it would first try to go up and then change its mind and go down.

Mice used:

1) Logitech G5 Laser Mouse

2) Logitech LS1 Laser Mouse

3) Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse 3000

cryztal
x3

Post by cryztal » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 17:03

Oops.
I just started a thread here http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=297424 to ask if there are still other people playing XT and having this problem.
I actually fixed it, but wanted to wait for response. But now I think I should just release the fix.

chrismokvack
x4

Post by chrismokvack » Sun, 27. Feb 11, 19:12

Wow, you found a fix? Can you explain it in English? The only thing I learned to say during 6 years of German classes is "ich heisse" and "entschuldingen meine Verspätung" : d

cryztal
x3

Post by cryztal » Mon, 28. Feb 11, 04:48

Yea, its kinda long-winded to achieve this little change (inverting a number..), but only for me ;)

Try this: http://rapidshare.com/files/450190805/XStarter.zip (No waiting, no installation, no additional dependencies, c++ source included)

Put .exe and .dll into X-Tension directory. Then just use XStarter.exe as your new X-Tension.exe. So you can also use parameters on XStarter.exe, like "-language 44 -profi -noabout -lowpri".
This should work with every version.

Just one thing: Don't open the input devices settings dialog ingame. The code is not intended to handle this.

chrismokvack
x4

Post by chrismokvack » Mon, 28. Feb 11, 09:42

Many thanks, but it would seem it doesn't work with the steam version. :(

[ external image ]

cryztal
x3

Post by cryztal » Mon, 28. Feb 11, 16:04

Oh dam, I forgot about the steam version :roll:
Does it start up with the "About"-Window?

chrismokvack
x4

Post by chrismokvack » Mon, 28. Feb 11, 19:24

No, I only get that error message when I run XStarter.exe

cryztal
x3

Post by cryztal » Mon, 28. Feb 11, 20:40

Sorry, I expressed wrong...
Nevermind... just dont use the -noabout parameter.

This should work for the steam version: http://rapidshare.com/files/450299039/XInjector.zip

Again, put the application files in the game folder.
Start up the game normally till About-Window, then run XInjector.exe (as admin explicitly if win vista/7); you will see nothing actually happen, thats ok. And then finally run the game.

chrismokvack
x4

Post by chrismokvack » Tue, 1. Mar 11, 17:48

Works like a charm. Thanks a billion! Took me a while to figure out that I'm NOT supposed to have invert tilt control enabled though.

cryztal
x3

Post by cryztal » Tue, 1. Mar 11, 18:18

chrismokvack wrote:Took me a while to figure out that I'm NOT supposed to have invert tilt control enabled though.
And I was thinking of mentioning it or not... Heh, sorry..

:xt:

Kyrros

Post by Kyrros » Fri, 4. Jan 13, 20:00

Sorry for the thread necromancy here but I'm also experiencing this issue. Just picked up the X series via the Steam sale and the links to the fixes have expired. Any chance that someone with the files can reupload them? It'd be appreciated!

chrismokvack
x4

Post by chrismokvack » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 20:41

Hope the author doesn't mind if I redistribute his software.

non-steam version: http://www.mediafire.com/?1r5jkk1ng096e1o

steam version: http://www.mediafire.com/?biggkazww3h7qgz

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”