Eclipse wont dock on my Hyperion Vanguard

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sfeautomenu

Eclipse wont dock on my Hyperion Vanguard

Post by sfeautomenu » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 23:42

I order it to dock on me and it just flies around me not docking or stopping 600 m away and not doing anything. I am stationary, and have no ships docked. What to do? I tried ordering it while he is a wingman and while he is not, same results.

edit: and he just crashed into me and blew up -_-

Khift

Post by Khift » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 23:47

It's a bug. Try cancelling the order, moving forward and then issue the order again. Alternately, take control of the Eclipse and dock manually - while flying the Eclipse open the command console for the Hyperion and select the "request docking permission" option in the main menu and dock manually like you would with a station. If you have a docking computer installed the previous step can be skipped; simply hitting CTRL D while within 4km of the Hyperion and piloting the Eclipse should instantly dock.

This script by Gazz fixes it entirely and also allows AI ships to properly utilize docking computers for instant docking. Will mark your game as *modified*, though.

sfeautomenu

Post by sfeautomenu » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 23:49

Khift wrote:It's a bug. Try cancelling the order, moving forward and then issue the order again. Alternately, take control of the Eclipse and dock manually - while flying the Eclipse open the command console for the Hyperion and select the "request docking permission" option in the main menu and dock manually like you would with a station. If you have a docking computer installed the previous step can be skipped; simply hitting CTRL D while within 4km of the Hyperion and piloting the Eclipse should instantly dock.

This script by Gazz fixes it entirely and also allows AI ships to properly utilize docking computers for instant docking. Will mark your game as *modified*, though.
Ah ok, thanks a bunch.

Carl99
x3tc

Post by Carl99 » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 00:08

ohhh, thanks:)

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 01:23

Or increase your forward speed to 1 m/s or so.

Or Strafe a bit. It'll kick into motion and dock.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

sfeautomenu

Post by sfeautomenu » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 03:15

I tried strafing and moving at 1m/s the eclipse still flies around and doesnt dock. And when I switched into teh Eclipse the option "request docking permission" was greyed out.

edit: NM i was too far

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 04:44

There are a few magic "blind spots" that will screw up docking AI.

Just move around a little to wake it back up.

minigun
x4

Post by minigun » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 17:54

If I'm having bother docking a ship to my Hyperion I'll tend to do the following, which seems to be reasonably reliable, if a bit slow...

- Have both ships 'stopped' in space around 1km apart
- Point the nose of the Hyperion towards the other ship, then raise it slightly (15-20 degrees is enough) such that if you were in the other ship you'd see a bit of the underside of the Hyperion
- If you already have a ship docked to the Hyperion and can remember which bay it's in, then move the nose of the Hyperion so that you 'present' the empty bay to the ship you want to dock, for example, if the right hand bay is occupied, then move the Hyperion's nose to the right (again, 15-20 degrees is fine)
- Give the order for the other ship to dock

For me, what normally happens then is that the other ship will fly underneath the Hyperion and continue until it's about 800m away, then turn around, come back and dock. It's not quick, but seems robust and there's always SETA to help with the time thing...

SkullCowboy
x3tc

Post by SkullCowboy » Wed, 5. Jan 11, 03:33

I've seen the same thing in my Griffon so it's not limited to the Hyperion. And so far, as noted above, just moving a little bit seems to fix it.
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”