X3TC Just made Mosquito missile factory in Argon prime Good choice?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sieg06660
x3tc

X3TC Just made Mosquito missile factory in Argon prime Good choice?

Post by Sieg06660 » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 00:11

Currently nearby is saturated with ore and meat-stake chaoonas and energy cells are in are in large stock also want to know can i make the cag sell all my missile to terracorp HQ as they always by at average price.

Sieg06660
x3tc

Post by Sieg06660 » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 00:17

also where do i get a tractor beam

Carl99
x3tc

Post by Carl99 » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 00:19

Terracorp dosen't have Mosquitos as a Rescource. So whilst you can manually sell them there a CAG won't see it as a sales oportunity. you'd have to do it manually.

Sieg06660
x3tc

Post by Sieg06660 » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 00:22

thats not right =[ at least the factory will turn over double profit and their easy to transport and sell just have to turn off the sell with other races option

Stephen_Garlick
x3tc

Post by Stephen_Garlick » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 00:23

:fg: In most games the tractor beam fabs have been removed by "GoD". In this situation you will have to make you own fabs up, though they sell alright!!
[ external image ]
Language is a VIRUS from outer space...

Sieg06660
x3tc

Post by Sieg06660 » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 00:24

i accidentally made my factory 22km depth how to i remedy this as i cannot find a tractorbeam anywhere would the npc mammoth do it for me?
Also is the number in Square brackets the cost to make or profit margin

Carl99
x3tc

Post by Carl99 » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 00:27

thats not right =[ at least the factory will turn over double profit and their easy to transport and sell just have to turn off the sell with other races optio
So long as you set the sell price 1 credit below average they'll come buying, and belive me 1 credit won't hurt your income noticably. I'm just warning you you'll quicklly find them not selling. But you'll use so many with the Mosquito missile defence script it's good to have one anyway.

Also tractor factories are found in paranid space, and nowhere else.

Stephen_Garlick
x3tc

Post by Stephen_Garlick » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 00:28

:fg: No a hired Mammoth won't do this for you. You will have to manually do this, or blow it up :P and start over, or reload :P :P
-Yes the brackets are the profitsss!!
[ external image ]
Language is a VIRUS from outer space...

Sieg06660
x3tc

Post by Sieg06660 » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 00:31

starting to wish i didnt restart the game now i miss a mammoth of my own but i abused the leave seta on overnight and npcs built everywhere and markets were saturated and harder to make profitzzzzzzz

Sieg06660
x3tc

Post by Sieg06660 » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 00:32

what factory/ location/ race has the tractor beam anyway and whot price is the price / product

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 00:36

Third Redemption, in Terran Conflict, has the only 2 factories that produce Tractor Beams in a Vanilla Game.

Once these are gone, the only way to get them is thru purchasing a station from a Paranid Shipyard. Don't remember which sells, or if they all do.

Occasionally, some NPC trading vessels will have some as cargo...
-- GD

Lapo
x4

Post by Lapo » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 02:20

My first factory was a mosquito on Argon Prime. And yes, you can sell them at terracorp automatically. Just equip a dedicated seller with trade mk 1, mk2 and trade system extension. That will enable the "manual trade run" or something like that. Just select your mosquitoes as the product to buy and the terracorp hq as the station to sell and answer yes when it asks if you want an infinite loop. You need to set the price to 1 below the average, as the trader needs to make a profit for the trade run to work.
It worked so well for me that eventually I made a complex of five.

Choublanc
x3tc

Post by Choublanc » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 14:26

Oh! That’s the old trick that worked until one of the late X3R versions with the Commodity Logistics Software 2. Good to know it’s still here somehow.

Mosquitos aren’t a good choice for making money because they sell at a low price for missiles. With the trick above, Wasp are far better (202k of revenue/hour for a fab costing only 1.5 million).

BDK
x3ap

Post by BDK » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 17:05

They sell extremely slowly - Sometimes an npc trader will come along and scoop them all up but it can take hours. Not worth it if you ask me.

Choublanc
x3tc

Post by Choublanc » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 17:38

The trick (exploit?) is to sell to EQ without limits. If a NPC is coming or not to buy the products is irrelevant.

Kframe
x3

Post by Kframe » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 19:44

I have to challange the notion given here that to sellthem put the price 1 point below the average. I have a sheild and mosquito plex in argon prime, and i set the price 1 point below average no one came and bought them. I was forced to set it 16 points below average just to get them moving. Before i lowered the price even further i had nearly 1500 of them saved up in the warehouse. Soon as i lowerd it, they all dissapeared.

Maybe my economy is wonky lol, but the sheilds sell faster then i can make them, and the damn npcs keep me stocked with beef and ecells faster then i need lol.
Packing a K frame model 15-3 S&W .38spc.

Carl99
x3tc

Post by Carl99 » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 20:16

I have to challange the notion given here that to sellthem put the price 1 point below the average. I have a sheild and mosquito plex in argon prime, and i set the price 1 point below average no one came and bought them. I was forced to set it 16 points below average just to get them moving. Before i lowered the price even further i had nearly 1500 of them saved up in the warehouse. Soon as i lowerd it, they all dissapeared.

Maybe my economy is wonky lol, but the sheilds sell faster then i can make them, and the damn npcs keep me stocked with beef and ecells faster then i need lol.
If other nearby sheild fabs are selling them cheaper than you the NPC's will go to them. But there's also some form of distance calculation involved.

Thus if there's few or no places selling them to NPC's locally they'll sell at -1 credits. As thats the minimum the NPC's need to make a profit. However if there are other suppliers locally and they're sufficently numerous you need to undercut them.

Lbano
x3tc

Post by Lbano » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 22:50

You can use 'manual trade run' command to sell the mosquitos at Terracorp. You can set it to repeat the command. And if the mosquito freighter's homebase is the factory it will produce nice credits.
I do the same at Argon Prime Eq. Dock and firefly missiles.

Kframe
x3

Post by Kframe » Fri, 7. Jan 11, 00:09

I dont have a problem selling the sheilds, they sell like flapjacks at IHOP. Im having problems with the mossy missles. They are barely covering the cost of ore.
Packing a K frame model 15-3 S&W .38spc.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”