[Idea or whats the best way to do this] Proximity Alarm

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Matterom
x4

[Idea or whats the best way to do this] Proximity Alarm

Post by Matterom » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 11:07

those of u who read my posts probly know im more of an idealist than an actual moder. So to cut to the chase i would like to know the best way to make a script that would alert the player that he is about to colide with an object such as a ship or debrie. Personaly ive been run into several times by larger ships that came in out of nowhere that im just sick of it. So this can either be an idea or (if i could get a point of reference) a work in process. Now the specifics, the script idealy would have 3 parts. A: it would have a menu alowing the player to select what would be warned against. B: a script that calls up nearby objects then checks with the avoidence list for matches and wheather ornot its come within a pre defined distance and C: an anoying sound preferably something like a subs condition red alarm. Maby later incorperate this as equipment and have a mk2 that detects if a hostile ship has fired its weapons (gets my but kicked everytime pirates catch me with the perverbial pants down) 0sorry for little organization im doing this from a cell phone
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 11:15

SEWN by Cycrow

You should probably delete your other two spam threads that were created by accident ( i assume )
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 14:12

whopps
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”