Requesting Tship tool which can manipulate values globally(specifically hull & speed)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

qwizzie
x4

Requesting Tship tool which can manipulate values globally(specifically hull & speed)

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 7. Jan 11, 10:29

is it possible someone can provide me and others interested with the following:

a tool which can do the following:

- dump an extracted tship file (text format), which will convert the tships
into an excell file with fixed column headers indicating what values column A-Z (and more) represent (column A could be the shields, B the power etc etc .. just as an example)

- option to multiply values in the column that represent the hull value iaw the hull boost that SRM Mod is using
-option to multiply values in the column that represent the speed value iaw speed increase of 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% .. to be set perhaps per class?

This way if yr running a mod and the tship file gets updated we could use this tool to quickly re-calculate the hull values or if you want more speed for yr ships you could change it globally per class. also it would be nice to know what each column exactly represents.

If the tool turns out to be a simple excell macro or two that get the columns showing what the values mean and the multiplying option of the hull / speed column that would be fine too. i will be one very gratefull user.

Thanks in advance,

qwizzie

edit : to also ask for option for the speed column
edit 2 : changed the topic from ''Requesting Tship tool which converts text to excell with macro's or options into ''Requesting Tship tool which can manipulate values globally (specifically hull & speed values)
Last edited by qwizzie on Fri, 7. Jan 11, 12:43, edited 3 times in total.

h2o.Ava
x3tc

Post by h2o.Ava » Fri, 7. Jan 11, 11:08

My sig.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 7. Jan 11, 12:01

hi h20.AvA,

Thanks for yr quick reply, i was aware of yr thread to decompile and compare tship files (read it a few months ago) but i was under the impression that doesnt give column headers descriptions so you still dont know what each column represents and you still need to do a lot of manual steps in order to get something to work with. and then extra steps to manipulate the hull & speed columns. what i'm looking for is a little program that does that all for you .. and with options in it to adjust certain column values in %.

Something aka X3 editor version 2 but then explicit to handle tship files
and with options in it to manipulate values globally ....

Xelonir
x3tc

Post by Xelonir » Fri, 7. Jan 11, 14:06

Unfortunately the whole thing is a bit more complex.

Some entries in TShips are just numbers that point to an entry in another file. So to display a proper value the program needs to look up stuff in other files, too. That's what X3 Editor 2 does in the background.

So basically you're asking for someone to rewrite X3Ed2 with a different UI.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Fri, 7. Jan 11, 14:47

This sounds like a job for a macro. X3 editor would likely be the best to work with.

You'd need to select a ship, read a few values, input data based on your intentions, and move to the next ship. Repeat until everything is done.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 7. Jan 11, 15:38

yep .. if anyone feels up to it. reward : instant fame by having it added under a sticky for all of us to use :)

edit :

bobucles, do you mean we could use a macro with X3 editor 2 already?
or do you mean a rewrite of the X3 editor 2 which includes some sort of macro?

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Sat, 8. Jan 11, 05:32

qwizzie wrote:yep .. if anyone feels up to it. reward : instant fame by having it added under a sticky for all of us to use :)

edit :

bobucles, do you mean we could use a macro with X3 editor 2 already?
or do you mean a rewrite of the X3 editor 2 which includes some sort of macro?
I was thinking more along the lines of using a third party macro program to interact with the editor. It doesn't have to be anything particularly fancy, just something that can take a simple command and then repeat it a hundred+ times.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Sat, 8. Jan 11, 14:36

sounds good and i agree totally on that not having to be fancy part ..

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”