Do Asteroids respawn

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sieg06660
x3tc

Do Asteroids respawn

Post by Sieg06660 » Sun, 9. Jan 11, 19:48

Like if i have 50 mining ships in ore's belt will asteroids start disappearing?

Nedimar
x4

Post by Nedimar » Sun, 9. Jan 11, 21:00

Large asteroids will respawn but only if you are mining them with ships. If you place a mine on them they will disappear forever. The small debris won't respawn.
The Astounding Adventures of the Albion Skunk
XUniverse: Trade Fight Build Stink

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 9. Jan 11, 22:03

Armankessilol wrote:Large asteroids will respawn but only if you are mining them with ships
Just to add a bit more detail - they'll respawn however you blow them up, so long as it is an asteroid you blow up. You can missile it or use the mining laser. But, when you build a mine on an asteroid, the 'roid is effectively destroyed and replaced with a mine. At no point, whatever happens, will that asteroid respawn.

Just wanted to clarify that you can shoot them with laser of large missile and they'll respawn from either of those :)

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

berth
x4

Post by berth » Sun, 9. Jan 11, 22:49

Armankessilol wrote:...The small debris won't respawn.
It didn't in Reunion but I'm pretty sure it does in TC.

Sieg06660
x3tc

Post by Sieg06660 » Mon, 10. Jan 11, 09:40

Armankessilol wrote:Large asteroids will respawn but only if you are mining them with ships. If you place a mine on them they will disappear forever. The small debris won't respawn.
even if the mine gets destroyed?

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Mon, 10. Jan 11, 09:51

Sieg06660 wrote:
Armankessilol wrote:Large asteroids will respawn but only if you are mining them with ships. If you place a mine on them they will disappear forever. The small debris won't respawn.
even if the mine gets destroyed?
Sadly, yes

Pendergast

Post by Pendergast » Thu, 20. Jan 11, 00:14

If I may ask a question, if asteroids respawn when breaking them with the MDS, what is the purpose of building a mine on them? Does the mine "exhaust" the asteroid? I hope not, for I won't see the advantage in it, but I didn't find an answer.

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Thu, 20. Jan 11, 00:40

@berth: In X3TC "Rocks" don't permanently disappear when mined OOS, unless you return IS while Mobile Mining them. Do the Mobile Mining IS & they're supposed to go permanently. (the former trait is the core of the "Nividium Rock Exploit").

@Pendergast: Mines are cheaper to buy than fleets of Mining vessels, & you can count on their output being at a given rate. You can also incorporate them into Closed Loop complexes. And they provide warehousing for whatever their product is. Also in X3R, as previously noted, Mobile Mining did "permanently" clear Rock fields, meaning that you could exhaust the rubble from a given asteroid before it's replacement respawned (& I believe respawn is both at a random location within the sector & with a random yeild, but may be wrong).

Pendergast

Post by Pendergast » Thu, 20. Jan 11, 01:13

Thanks, that's clearer.

bit.hauler
x4

Post by bit.hauler » Sat, 29. Jan 11, 00:47

JAFA_NZ wrote:@berth: In X3TC "Rocks" don't permanently disappear when mined OOS, unless you return IS while Mobile Mining them. Do the Mobile Mining IS & they're supposed to go permanently. (the former trait is the core of the "Nividium Rock Exploit").
Ok, sorry to drag this out, by "Rocks" do you mean the broken up asteroids or are these the big ones that you breakdown with a mobile miner or MDS?

And if I'm doing the mining myself IS with an MDS on say, a Mercury Mining Tanker, you're saying, because I'm IS, then the asteroids will not respawn no matter how big they are? I've probably put 30 hrs into mining operating my favorite MDS (yeah, it's sickening :o ) in a single sector and I've seen some recent clusters of asteroids that weren't there when I started - I think. This is in X3TC 3.0.
JAFA_NZ wrote:@Pendergast: Mines are cheaper to buy than fleets of Mining vessels, & you can count on their output being at a given rate. You can also incorporate them into Closed Loop complexes. And they provide warehousing for whatever their product is. Also in X3R, as previously noted, Mobile Mining did "permanently" clear Rock fields, meaning that you could exhaust the rubble from a given asteroid before it's replacement respawned (& I believe respawn is both at a random location within the sector & with a random yeild, but may be wrong).
Do the mining bases ever exhaust the asteroid on which it rests or is the consistent output from the mining base inexhaustible/permanent until the base is destroyed?

~ bit

Freeholder
x4

Post by Freeholder » Sat, 29. Jan 11, 01:56

Mining bases do not exhaust the asteroid they are built with. They more or less produce continuously as long as the resources they need to operate are on hand.

I don't like to own huge numbers of stations in my game, so I tend to only build mines on high yield asteroids (>20) and I mobile mine out the ones that have a yield of ten or less. I've never reached a point where I've had to decide what to do with the teen yield asteroids.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”