Just launches 100 fighter drones

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sieg06660
x3tc

Just launches 100 fighter drones

Post by Sieg06660 » Tue, 11. Jan 11, 22:35

how do i get them back in my cargo bay without riding over them

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Tue, 11. Jan 11, 22:46

I use the german version, so forgive if I'm not using the correct terms.

Whether u like it or not, you will have to collect them as if they were containers.
However, you first got to make them stop moving. In order to do this, press CTRL+C, then 6 and then 7. This should bring up the menu where you can change commands for only certain types of your ships (in this case your attack drones). Switch their command to "none" and they will stop moving. You can now collect your drones...
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

Sieg06660
x3tc

Post by Sieg06660 » Tue, 11. Jan 11, 23:06

Does a freight drone collect wares work? also after energy is depeted do they just stop moving or disappear as if they turn into a ware just like missles id wait til the energy depletes also does the mk2 have same problems or can they dock

garv222

Post by garv222 » Tue, 11. Jan 11, 23:43

They don't operate as wares, but more as units. I believe when energy runs out it self-destructs. If your ship has a hangar I believe you can just issue a return home command to all your assets in sector. If not... I think I heard you can issue a follow me command which might make them bunch up behind you and you may be able to drive into a large pack of them at once if you've got a decent sized ship. If you're using a fighter, I'm not sure you'll be able to collect them easily.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Laden Swallow
x3tc

Post by Laden Swallow » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 00:42

1. Pick up a TM (~200k credits)
2. Buy a transporter device for TM. Make sure to leave at least 1 hanger bay clear.
3. When sector is clear (literally no hostiles (may be able to make everyone friends using the broadcast to all property command however this may mess up other settings)), transport into the TM.
4. Issue a 'Fighter drones: Protect me command' (Shift + <certain number key 8/9?>, or broadcast to all fighter drones to protect me (or if you want to skip steps 3&5 use protect ... and select the TM).
5. Beam back into the other ship.
6. Leave the sector. The fighter drones can now all simultaneously dock instead of resorting to 1 at a time.

Now all the drones will dock with the TM and be converted back into wares, making a TM one of the strongest military power projectors in the game (and certainly the most cost effective (if retrieval is required)).

The sector has to be entirely clear, if one enemy exists in the sector even outside gravidar coverage, then the fighter drones will refuse to dock.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”