how do I increase ammo amount within a unit of say gauss cannon ammo

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

zibafu
x3tc

how do I increase ammo amount within a unit of say gauss cannon ammo

Post by zibafu » Sat, 15. Jan 11, 00:31

as title says, I want to increase the ammunition amount within a unit of gauss cannon ammo (or any ammo based weapon for that matter) its something like 200 rounds atm I think, can this be increased somehow, been looking at various things in the x3 editor 2 program, but I cant see anything that looks like it would do this

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 15. Jan 11, 00:52

You cannot.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Sat, 15. Jan 11, 01:01

really, hmmm thats annoying :o basically, ive been messing with the weapon stats seeing what crazy stuff I could do for the luls, ive always loved the railguns you see the deadalus firing in stargate atlantis, so Ive just increased the rounds per minute of the gauss cannon to 30, and reduced its damage to keep it relatively balanced compared to the other guns, and so far it looks quite damned fine if I do say so myself, trouble is it will obviously p*ss thru ammo a lot faster than it used too, buuuutt if it cant be altered then it cant be altered

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Sat, 15. Jan 11, 01:45

How about reducing the size of the volume for the Gauss Cannon Ammunition ware?
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

zibafu
x3tc

Post by zibafu » Sat, 15. Jan 11, 02:52

yeah thats one way of doing it I already considered, but that wouldnt change the fact that it would mean buying what 3 times as much ammo, originally it was 10 rounds per minute, now its at 30 (which btw looks great) so money wise it would cost a lot more to provide ammo.... unless like you say I reduce the ware size, and reduce its cost to purchase, I dunno, I am just playing with the editor atm to mess around so I may yet reduce it back to original settings anyhow

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”