Question about Split Fire!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bladerunner1254
x3tc

Question about Split Fire!

Post by bladerunner1254 » Sat, 15. Jan 11, 03:55

I was looking around Split Fire thinking about placing some factories and decided to dive toward the planets surface to look at a lower formation of Roids when I hit atmosphere. Blew up before I could get to them. Tried it with a Panther and still no go. Is there anything to find down there. Was thinking an atmospheric lifter might work if I could get my hands on one!

Stephen_Garlick
x3tc

Post by Stephen_Garlick » Sat, 15. Jan 11, 04:16

:lol: You might need a ship with shielding of 100GJ+ to attempt this.... :D
[ external image ]
Language is a VIRUS from outer space...

bladerunner1254
x3tc

Post by bladerunner1254 » Sat, 15. Jan 11, 05:19

Just wondering why there would by atmosphere here when I haven't found it anywhere else. Thought you might find something worth the effort

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Sat, 15. Jan 11, 05:54

All planets have atmospheres, it just takes a while to reach them. Also, you can't get past the atmosphere. You will always die before you get close.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 15. Jan 11, 09:13

"Entering Atmosphere" is essentially just a warning saying, "Danger, you will blow up if you continue in this direction". It gives you a bit of grace rather than just destroying you instantly if you get too close to the planet.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 15. Jan 11, 11:05

Split Fire is one of the more well known sectors where the planet hangs very close to the gate. This is the reason you notice the atmosphere here while you missed it in other sectors due to planets being very far away.

In Split Fire (and some other sectors where planets appear screenfilling) you have to watch where you build as well as you can place it accidentally too close & station gets burned (noticable by the slow decrease of it's shields)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”