Xenon vs Kha'ak?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sarvoth

Xenon vs Kha'ak?

Post by Sarvoth » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 08:08

Has anyone ever actually seen these two rough one another up a bit (excluding spawning ships as a setup)? I use the Improved Races modification and I see loads of big fleet action but I still have yet to encounter even a single instance of Xenon vs Kha'ak. :(

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 08:30

I have.... it was in a multi-sector patrol for Heretic's End to Omnicron Lyrae. Jumped into Circle of Labor and the stupid Xenon jump in and the Ka'ak clusters were already there (2 of them IIRC). I shot a small missile at the 2 Ka'ak and then ran through the Xenon while dodging their fire and taking 1 or 2 out in the process, kept going and then turned around and watched the fireworks...... :D
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 08:46

Cool,any pic.?

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 08:48

No, I didn't even think about getting a screenshot, sorry. :(
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 19:54

Seen a few Clusters get wiped by Ps between Getsu Fune and Zyarth's Dominion. Generally the Bots will blow the Bugs a new one without too much effort apparently.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 20:15

In a similar vein, jump into a Kha'ak sector after Final Fury in a well-shielded ship with anti-fighter defences and watch the Kha'ak and Pirates beating each other up. Massed Kha'ak breaking from clusters versus Pirate M6 and fighters with PBG is spectacular to watch.

sjones25
x3tc

Post by sjones25 » Fri, 21. Jan 11, 20:26

Alan Phipps wrote:In a similar vein, jump into a Kha'ak sector after Final Fury in a well-shielded ship with anti-fighter defences and watch the Kha'ak and Pirates beating each other up. Massed Kha'ak breaking from clusters versus Pirate M6 and fighters with PBG is spectacular to watch.
You don't have to wait till after FF, a battle like this happened during the last FF mission in my game. It was kind of funny, because it turned into a three-way battle between the AI's FF helpers, the Ka'ak, and the random pirates.

Its especially funny from a role-playing perspective. In the middle of the final epic showdown between the Ka'ak and the Commonwealth, a random pirate fleet just shows up out of nowhere (how'd they even get the coordinates?) and starts shooting at everyone for no apparent reason. WTF???

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 00:21

Once in Xr3 I saw a kha'ak Invasion of Xenon 101. I do not know if it was a glitch or just super rare. It was fun to watch but did not last long as the J's and K's closed in. Flaks made mince meat out of the fighters and scouts, and the massive amounts of ppc fire destroyed teh Carriers and destroyers. Even OOS this would not have lasted long. But it did let Julian finish his mission in releative saftey... considering he was in Xenon space at the time :D

Insatiable
x4

Post by Insatiable » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 00:58

That would be cool to see. I haven't ever seen a Xenon vs. Khaak battle. In my TC game, though the Xenon frequently go on rampage, the Khaak seem to restrict themselves to the "Spaceweed Profit" sector.
Last edited by Insatiable on Mon, 24. Jan 11, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

kotorone1
x3tc

Post by kotorone1 » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 22:24

If you do IR, Khaak are decent they gobble up the galaxy quickly, but only border sectors. Now the Xenon on the other hand, ate up evrey sector near GE in 8 game hours.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sun, 23. Jan 11, 13:53

They do fight each other, had witnessed a fight between a large Khaak cluster and a Xenon fighter patrol in Nopileos Memorial, quite the lightshow. But these encounters are rare to be seen, as several conditions need to be futhfilled:
-Xenon and Khaak need to meet each other (not so likely due to Khaak attacking random sectors & Xenon not having many sectors)
-Need to have attention for each other without one side being blown to spacedust first (Xenon travel between gates, so they risk meeting race patrols. Khaak spawn on sector-edges, risking meeting race patrols on the way in)
-Need to have a presence in the sector & viewing it, or be present in person to witness.

So usually, they don't meet, and when they do appear in the same sector, one side gets blasted to spacedust before meeting the other due to race patrols. And last but not least, you have to catch it at the very moment they are attacking.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”