Getting out of Earth Sector

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wonderbugg
x4

Getting out of Earth Sector

Post by Wonderbugg » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 00:55

I have a problem with Earth Sector. I just completed the Terran Plot missions and was given a Claymore. I am currently flying my Cutlass and both ships are docked at the Earth torus. I can exit the sector in either of the ships, but can't seem to get them both out.
Things I have tried....

1) Telling the Claymore to 'Go to sector...Moon' from the command menu. the Claymore gets destroyed because it just keeps on going and going and going..never even turning towards the jump gate.
2) Tell the Claymore to follow me while both of us are docked. I head my Cutlass to the gate with my Claymore supposedly on follow and the Claymore keeps going out and out and out...poof. claymore destroyed.
3) I tried both of these steps from the Claymore to the Cutlass with the same outcome.
4) I 'Leapfrogged' both ship to within 2km of the jump gate by going 5km towards the gate..changing ships...going 5km closer to gate, change ships, etc...until both ships were within 2km of the gate. I then told the Claymore to go to Moon sector and it ran off and got blown up again.
5) I 'leapfrogged' both ships to gate and flew the Cutlass into the gate - leaving the Claymore by the gate. I then spacewalked back through the gate to find my Claymore destroyed.

I can't use the jumpdrive on either ship. Short of buying a cheap ship and bringing it back to let it get destroyed...I can't think of a way to get both my ships out of the sector.

Any ideas?

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 00:58

Leave the sector in one ship. Then tell the other ship - still docked - to jump to a valid jumpgate.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Insatiable
x4

Post by Insatiable » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 01:01

@Wonderbugg: What Allan F said. I would add that you should stay out of the Earth system whenever possible. There is really no point besides the plot missions.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 01:11

Insatiable wrote:There is really no point besides the plot missions.
Well, it's a source for Jumpdrives outside the Commonwealth.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 01:21

As long as you out of the Earth sector, your ships will dock at Torus and get away without trouble. So if you're still in there, leave the sector and then order your ship to follow you.

Insatiable
x4

Post by Insatiable » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 01:23

cmdnenad wrote:As long as you out of the Earth sector, your ships will dock at Torus and get away without trouble. So if you're still in there, leave the sector and then order your ship to follow you.
Um, I don't think so. I ordered a scout to fly there and scout the sector while I was gone. Barely a minute into his mission I get a message that he was killed.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 01:27

Probably a dumb question, but was the Terran plot ended when you tried?
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 01:31

Maybe because he was scouting? I had numerous ships flying from Earth to Moon and never lost a single one, only while I was IS after the plot.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 01:32

Scouting the sector is kind of different -- presumeably the scout roamed out of the "safe" zone instead of going straight to the torus and docking?

@Wonderbugg:

It's the wonky geometry of the torus assembly + IS collision avoidance that pushes AI controlled ships out of the safe flight path.

So, as mentioned already: just leave the sector, ~then~ order the Claymore to follow, or dock somewhere in Moon, etc, and it will fly straight through the gate without being diverted off course.

Insatiable
x4

Post by Insatiable » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 01:40

Vim Razz wrote:Scouting the sector is kind of different -- presumeably the scout roamed out of the "safe" zone instead of going straight to the torus and docking?
Yes, this is what I was referring to. I don't think I've tried OOS docking at the Torus.

Ozkar
x3tc

Post by Ozkar » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 05:34

There's a line that you do not cross in the Torus sector. If you cross it, the OMGPWNAGE sentries kill you or your assets. If you sent the scout to, well, scout, he most likely crossed that line and was killed.
Give me a mamba or give me death!

Wonderbugg
x4

Post by Wonderbugg » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 07:30

Well...guess I need to find a corner with a window near it and put on my helmet. Going OOS and telling the Claymore to dock in Moon sector worked a miracle. It got the Claymore out. Now, I need to gain the required Rep to outfit it :/
I did all the Terran Plot and I'm Senatorial Advisor...not enough to buy weapons or shields for the Claymore. The only REAL bummer is my fight rank is now 'Professional' which (by reading these forums) means the rest of the O:FF missions will be a complete pooch screw without a fleet of M2's

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 08:44

Naw, you're fine. People exagerate. Combat missions at Professional rank wont even spawn M6's on a regular basis -- like rarely if ever. You can start off now if you want and just let it stay "paused" when it starts getting tricky, or just do it later.

Imho, this is a good time to just kick around and explore the universe for a bit, if you haven't already. build some stations. try out differtent kinds of ships and weapons. see what you like and what works for you.

Claymore is the strongest M8, but it's also basicly impossible keep it stocked in missiles in the early game. You might consider capping a comonwealth M8 for cheap anti-capital power (capture M8's just like fighters) because it's easier to find and buy a missile fab for, and just use that for the time being. They should be showing up on station defense missions at your rank or one or two above it.

Your Vidar, if you've still got it, is your real gem for the time being. Focus on equipping it instead of the claymore.

And the earth tarus thing -- everybody does that. It's kind of a silly oversight in game design that the core hq for what's basicly the main plot in the game is like that, but you dont really need to go there anyway now that you've finished the basic terran plot.

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 11:35

Wonderbugg wrote:The only REAL bummer is my fight rank is now 'Professional' which (by reading these forums) means the rest of the O:FF missions will be a complete pooch screw without a fleet of M2's
Maybe not. My rank is vindicator, I'm half way through OFF and so far I've only seen scouts and fighters (a lot of them :)) and two corvettes.

kotorone1
x3tc

Post by kotorone1 » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 22:21

Wait till you get to the end. then you truly need and M2. Now please, save yourself the agony and dont use an M7M. Even though it sounds like a good idea, your computer is already trying to spawn 100 Kha'ak fighters, and adding 200 flail missles to the mix makes bad things happen (like your game exploding)

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 22:35

kotorone1 wrote:Wait till you get to the end. then you truly need and M2. Now please, save yourself the agony and dont use an M7M. Even though it sounds like a good idea, your computer is already trying to spawn 100 Kha'ak fighters, and adding 200 flail missles to the mix makes bad things happen (like your game exploding)
Works just fine for me.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Rogue
x3tc

Post by Rogue » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 23:08

kotorone1 wrote:Wait till you get to the end. then you truly need and M2. Now please, save yourself the agony and dont use an M7M. Even though it sounds like a good idea, your computer is already trying to spawn 100 Kha'ak fighters, and adding 200 flail missles to the mix makes bad things happen (like your game exploding)
I did it in a shrike, laughed all over it

cmdnenad wrote:
Wonderbugg wrote:The only REAL bummer is my fight rank is now 'Professional' which (by reading these forums) means the rest of the O:FF missions will be a complete pooch screw without a fleet of M2's
Maybe not. My rank is vindicator, I'm half way through OFF and so far I've only seen scouts and fighters (a lot of them :)) and two corvettes.
I finished it off at Warlord, and it wasn't too bad really. A well geared Shrike or Tiger can do it no worries
Knock knock. Who's there? Zerg Rushhhhhhhhhhhh!
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Ace Rimmer
[ external image ]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”