HELP! im at war with the split

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grimfear
x3tc

HELP! im at war with the split

Post by grimfear » Fri, 28. Jan 11, 06:56

and I have no idea how. All I can think of is that I accidentally fired on a station while trying to kill pirates. That station went red but none of the others. Anyhow, a while latter I look a my complex and it is shooting split, and then I noticed that all the splits stations are hostile to me. They wont even talk to me!

- cant I fix this?
- how did it happen? I had a good rank with them, and was not told that I was losing it.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Fri, 28. Jan 11, 07:07

If you check all your ships, you'll probably find at least one that has the Split set to foe. And that ship probably attacked the Split. Further, for your rep to drop so low that they won't talk to you, then you or your ships have been blowing up Split ships. Here's what you need to do:

Read the FAQ
Move your ships out of Split space, to reduce the chance they cause more problems
Reset the Friend/Foe settings for all your ships, easiest via the Global commands
Start doing missions for whatever Split you come across, and/or kill their enemies (Pirate/Kha'ak/Boron) in their sectors
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

grimfear
x3tc

Post by grimfear » Fri, 28. Jan 11, 07:57

I reloaded the save game before all hell broke lose.
It is an argon station that is red to me. Global setting is friend to the split.
It was in Presedants end where my complexs are and it was with the laser towers they were fighting with. Then the argon joined in the fight agaist me, and thats where my ship exploded.
I was trying to say sorry to everybody and change my laser tower setting back to friend, but they kept going back to enemy.

Anyhow Im back to just the argon station being red, I have gone to 2 pirate bases near by and no one has offered a hack. Is this radom? What symbol is the hacker under?

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Fri, 28. Jan 11, 09:18

To be honest I wouldn't worry about 1 Argon station being hostile to u.
Hell I always steal argon mammoths from them (Arenas,Hospital ships)
Just tell them it was an accendent and u never ment your guys to go aboard and massiqure everyone :twisted:

Personally if its worrying u a few waves of firestorms should solve it :twisted:

Then just tell them it was an accident and do a few build missions for them. They'll soon think your Mr nice guy again :wink:

grimfear
x3tc

Post by grimfear » Fri, 28. Jan 11, 23:50

found my problem. Laster towers CAN NOT be changer via global setting?
Global setting has every one as friend but laser tower had argon and split as foe

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 29. Jan 11, 01:32

grimfear wrote:Global setting is friend to the split.
That is not an indication of your current settings - every so often you need to /transmit/ your global settings to your other ships to avoid this sort of problem. Friendly fire, blue-on-blue, call it what you want. Accidents do happen, & in this game /you/ are the one responsible - even if an NPC ship crashes into a station of yours :(

Oh, & make sure every ship you own other than <playership> has 'Show as enemy if enemy to me' as NO, unless you've a good reason to do otherwise.
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”