Is the Ghoul missile really impossible to clone?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Choublanc
x3tc

Is the Ghoul missile really impossible to clone?

Post by Choublanc » Sun, 30. Jan 11, 16:51

I’m planning now a genocide war against the Argon and the Skirnir will be my main tool. No Station/M1/M2/M7/M6 can challenge the firepower of the Shadow missile.

This missile is even fast and agile enough to deal with M3’s.
But to get rid quickly of the remaining M4 and M5’s it would be useful to have Ghoul missiles in bulk.

However, the Shipyard in Terran Unknow Sector 1 doesn’t sell Ghoul factories, and it seems that the missile can’t be cloned because none of the Terran Shipyards is connected to a station selling the Ghouls. For instance, in the sector “The Moon”, the Orbital Defense Station sells this missile, but the Shipyard is unfortunately connected to the Military base.

So my question: is there a way to clone the Ghoul missile? (vanilla)

CuriosityKillsTheMADCat
x4

Post by CuriosityKillsTheMADCat » Sun, 30. Jan 11, 17:01

Looks like my "genocide" to eradicate the Ghoul missile from the X3 universe was very successful. :D

MFG

CKTMC
Fähiger Pilot wie DU sein...
"When ships to sail the void between the stars have been invented, there will also be men who come forward to sail those ships."
Johannes Kepler, Somnium, 1634 A.D.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sun, 30. Jan 11, 17:25

never mind the goul missile try the Wraith missile its one of my favourites as its a swarm and vertually impossible to stop and a few of those will take out any ship :wink:
And if u want a ship that can handle it go cap yourself a hyperion.
Last edited by Spaceweed Adict on Sun, 30. Jan 11, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

pja
x4

Post by pja » Sun, 30. Jan 11, 17:25

I never found a way to clone one. Pretty much the only way to get them in a vanilla game is to cap Skirnir's and hope some are left in the cargo bay. I cant remember getting more than 20 - 30 at a time that way though, been a long time since I played vanilla.

Choublanc
x3tc

Post by Choublanc » Sun, 30. Jan 11, 17:45

@Spaceweed Adict
The Shadow is far superior to the Wraith, in all stats (it’s also a swarm missile, but doing 6x more damage, faster, and able to catch M3’s when the Wraith has already problems with M6’s). The point is that the Ghoul, more or less equivalent to the Flail, is apparently unavailable in the game.

@pja
*sigh* From the 8-10 Skirnir I capped I got a grand total of 42 Ghouls. If really impossible to be cloned, I’ll probably ask a Kraken full of flails to follow the Skinir.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sun, 30. Jan 11, 18:00

I would let the M5s go myself.

You want some witnesses to the carnage to spread the fear...

pja
x4

Post by pja » Sun, 30. Jan 11, 18:36

Doesn't the game start with a couple of npc Ghoul fabs? If you can find them before the God engine removes them park an M5 at them and try feeding them with resources. Of course if they have gone already, you will have to do without.
I must admit I parked my Skirnir after I dicovered two Shadows were enough to kill a K and it only came out when I really could'nt be bothered with fighting and just wanted to blow stuff up.

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Sun, 30. Jan 11, 18:39

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Mars can be used for that, it has OPB and MB, don't remember which one is connected to the shipyard, but I think it sells ghouls. Need to check it though.

Choublanc
x3tc

Post by Choublanc » Sun, 30. Jan 11, 19:28

brucewarren wrote:I would let the M5s go myself.

You want some witnesses to the carnage to spread the fear...
I like the idea :twisted:

pja wrote:Doesn't the game start with a couple of npc Ghoul fabs?
Too late for me :( But if true good to know for a next game.
xalien wrote:I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Mars can be used for that, it has OPB and MB
In my game, there's only an Orbital Supply Base and an ODS (connected to the Shipyard) there. No Ghouls.

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Sun, 30. Jan 11, 19:37

Well, then I guess you'll need a Commonwealth M7M (like Aquilo) loaded with flails to tag along, flails definitely can be cloned.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 30. Jan 11, 20:13

Even if you find a remaining Terran Ghoul fab, such as the one in the very furthest Unknown Sector in the chain off Oort Cloud, they have a strange usage or storage capacity for resources if you want to supply those yourself. The fab needs about 6 fills of C Rats to every 2 fills of Water and Energy to every fill of Ore - and ignoring M/AM warheads as a secondary resource. Keeping them supplied with C Rats is a pain with no sector jumping when so far from the Terran central area - and in my game that is a Pirate patrol corridor too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Sun, 30. Jan 11, 20:49

:gruebel:

Orbital Defence Station in the Moon sells them...

...and there is a shipyard there too...

...but the shipyard is connected to the Military Base instead?

What happens if you blow up the Military Base? :twisted:

Choublanc
x3tc

Post by Choublanc » Mon, 31. Jan 11, 01:28

imperium3 wrote::gruebel:

Orbital Defence Station in the Moon sells them...
...and there is a shipyard there too...
...but the shipyard is connected to the Military Base instead?
What happens if you blow up the Military Base? :twisted:
Great idea but alas! Just tested it and nothing :headbang:
There is simply no equipment at all for the new ships.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 31. Jan 11, 02:21

I recently restarted a game. Got a ghoul fact locked down in venus and the last unknown sector.
There's actually quite a lot of the various missile factories scattered about.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 31. Jan 11, 03:00

CLS2 is the answer to the C-Rations problem. Park a TL near the station and fill it with C-Rations by one CLS2, and use a TS to keep the station supplied from the TL.

And pump the Terran Economy like mad to bring back Ghoul Fabs.

(Or spawn a couple with the Cheat Package.)
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 31. Jan 11, 20:52

@ Triaxx2: Your fab support method is fine. Unfortunately with only the furthest Ghoul fab and the fact that your CLS2 ships have to return along the Pirate corridor going the slow travel way, the risks of CLS loss are significant unless you and the Pirates are really good friends. Pirate Base destruction (there are 2) just seems to move the issue as they often respawn elsewhere in the corridor - or so it seems.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 1. Feb 11, 00:33

Rather depends on what you're using as CLS2 ships. I use Elephants running CODEA and that limits the losses. Plus the two carriers in the pirate alley sectors don't hurt either.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

fullmetal66
x3tc

Post by fullmetal66 » Tue, 1. Feb 11, 00:39

lucky enough to have a a ghoul missile fab remaining in the last unknown sector in Terran space.
A few supply stations later and I now have a few thousand ghoul missiles.

Stations can respawn, so always have a few M5's available to Explore known ghoul missile fab sectors.
I seem to notice a big Terran Respawn after the Aldrin Plots, may just be me though. :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 1. Feb 11, 11:12

@ fullmetal66: Out of a genuine interest, are your few supply stations in sector with the missile fab and, if so, how do you convert their products into C Rats and water?

fullmetal66
x3tc

Post by fullmetal66 » Tue, 1. Feb 11, 15:58

Alan Phipps wrote:@ fullmetal66: Out of a genuine interest, are your few supply stations in sector with the missile fab and, if so, how do you convert their products into C Rats and water?
I have energy production, ore production in the sector.

I have a Trading station (trading range 8 ) that has two Mistrels that buy water, c-ration at slightly above average price.

I have a equipment dock (Trader Range 0) that has docked:-

1. Two Mistrels that buy water, c-ration at slightly higher prices than the above Trading sttation.(buy from Trading station).
2. Two Mistrels that sell water c-ration (sell to the ghoul fab).
3. A M4 that buys ghoul missiles
4. A Mistrel SF that sells ghouls. This slowly fills up the Mistrel SF.
5. A Mammoth to store missiles.

I know its long winded, also I could use Commercial Agent's, but it works. I just have to empty the Mistrel SF into the Mammoth every so often.
:)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”