Yaki mission ship jumps OOS?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mangar
xr

Yaki mission ship jumps OOS?

Post by mangar » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 19:56

Ok, I have heard your rep is to low? or you need to up your rank?

Ok I have worked on the Yaki rep that the ship yard went from red to blue. Killed tons of pirates in thier sectors via a gate hub making pirates traverse thier sectors. "still docking permission is not welcomed or desired?"

Waiting for a yak imission ship, got bored and jump to elysuim of light building up max Gonar rank. I have watch over a dozen Yaki ships jump into the sector with a mission.

The moment I try to hit nearest red ship key then hit "C" and just rapppp away at the return key to get a mission, the damn yaki ships jump out the moment they jump in????? even before I can even target them to talk to them?

Jumps in, half a sec later they jump out.

I even have them set as friendly on ALL SHIPS and Stations. Is this a bug or what?
Oh the fun of restarting x3tc all over again!

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 20:30

What I did is I got the shipyard to turn blue, then I waited for a mission to pop up at the shipyard. In my instance I got actually two build missions right away, and did them...... I was now allowed to dock at their stations and trade.... I have yet to do any missions from their roaming fighters though.....
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 21:45

This is hearsay but worth a try. Do not target the Yaki ship (or it will jump away) but just navigate to within comms range of it if you can. Then just single-click on it in the Sector map ship list and select the comms option. Now see if you get the mission.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 22:24

Joe, while the shipyard was blue, but no permission to land, I flew circles around the sector for about 3-4 game hours and not one mission popup?

Alan, That is the problem, when I was out of comm range the yaki did not jump OOS. the moment I got in range they jump out, OR if the Yaki jumps into the sector within comm range, the yaki ship BLINKS, like I seen it out of the conerner of my eye. As I look to (while in sector view) I see it is a yaki and not a pirate, I start to scroll or mouse click that yaki ship but it has already jumped OOS.

This gets to be very discouraging in game play. I am done with all the missions, I just have to finish the rest of the corp mission to get all the ship RE'd.

I even wondered if it might be because I capped a Yaki ship "ryu" early in the game and still have it as active ship doing mining stuff?

That is my last resort, to recycle or scrape any yaki ships in my inventory but doubt that is the problem.
Oh the fun of restarting x3tc all over again!

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 22:55

What I think you need to do is keep killing the pirates in their sectors, if that is the way you turned the shipyard blue in the first place. Obviously if that is what did turn it blue then it must be raising you rep with them.

If you have the patience, that is. :)

The capping of the ships no doubt caused a stink with them and your rep dropped quite a bit. Sometimes it takes quite awhile to get the rep out of the dumps...... :x But stick with it and I'm sure you'll get-er-done.

I don't think gettin' rid of the Yaki ships will do anything positive towards your rep. Also, if you find Paranid ships in their space and you can stand to lose a little rep with them, kill 'em! :twisted: That raises your rep too.

Hope it helps. 8)
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”