Problems with notoriety

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nuttyprot
x3tc

Problems with notoriety

Post by nuttyprot » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 20:42

Ok i have come across a bug. Basicly i have gained rep with terrans but the patrols still want to rip my head off. Not first time iI have seen this happen as happens a lot with lazer towers not updating, and certain stations.

This has become game breaking for me as I can no longer enter belt or mars, even tho my rep is high enough and terran plot is telling me to go there.

Game version
Ver 3.0 English

get no errors and not using mods/scripts.

Been working on this Vanilla game for about 3 weeks now and if I have to mod the game to fix it (*^% off is underestimate of how I will feel.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 21:58

Terran rep gets you station trading and mission rights, but only ATF rep (through completing the Terran Plot) gets you Terran sector access increases. Check whether the patrols are ATF or Terran as you should be warned by the ATF if you are entering denied sectors. I suppose you could do something (attacks, boarding, collateral damage, incorrect friend/foe on armed ships, etc) that might miff the Terrans enough to dislike you though.

Laser Towers have never reliably changed hostility setting with their stations in vanilla. What you describe now is something else.

This is probably a gameplay question rather than Tech Support.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Fri, 4. Feb 11, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

nuttyprot
x3tc

Post by nuttyprot » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 22:06

I went to Astroid belt before I was allowed to and droped a sat since then they been very unhappy with me. They are definatly terran.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 22:08

.. and so you are surprised? See if removing the offending satellite and all other inappropriate incursions of yours calms things down at all.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

nuttyprot
x3tc

Post by nuttyprot » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 22:10

Alan Phipps wrote:.. and so you are surprised? See if removing the offending satellite and all other inappropriate incursions of yours calms things down at all.
the problem is I have my rep back up but the ships have stayed red about 6 to 8 are red most are blue.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 23:07

Comm them and 'apologize for weapons fire'. That should turn them blue again.

And since this really doesn't seem to be a bug, but a game feature, I'm moving it to the main forum where you'll likely get more help.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

nuttyprot
x3tc

Post by nuttyprot » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 01:19

Fixed it i managed to get my rep a lot higher then blasted them out the sky :). Only lost 2 ranks easy enough to get back

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”