Hyperion Vanguard......I'm sold

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

brattbags01
x3tc

Hyperion Vanguard......I'm sold

Post by brattbags01 » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 22:06

Was never really a fan of M6's, owned a few of em' like Heavy Centaur, heavy Dragon, Dragon and Heavy Nemesis but I just found them to be...I dunno, kinda boring and just die too easy. then recently I managed to um......acquire an Hyperion Vanguard and took it for a spin. WOW I'm totally sold on this ship, great turn of speed, good shields, awesome cargo bay and a good load out of weapons and it looks very cool too. Nice !!!
X3 TC
Trade: Tycoon
Fight: X-Treme

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 22:12

If you have boko bucks and time to gather enough of them, I was thinking of making a fleet of UTs or CAGs out of them.
They are faster then a mistral with about the same cargo space of 3333 tons.

I have not set any up yet, but just got done building 12 of them ready to set and forget them.
Oh the fun of restarting x3tc all over again!

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

brattbags01
x3tc

Post by brattbags01 » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 22:18

Well I actually have two of em', one I fly and the other is assigned to an Equipment Dock as a weapons trader so we'll see how it goes (CAG)
X3 TC

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 23:59

Arr yes the mighty Hyp love that ship :wink:

Specially as its the only M6 with hanger bays for my nippy little Kessie scout ships if I need to get some were in a hurry.

But my favorite part of the Hyp is its missle loadouts I just love using those Wraith missiles nothing gets near you if your carring those things specially combined with firestorms :twisted:

But for CAG weapons trading I'd be looking at the springie for that job :wink:

But as a personal fighter nothing beats the hyp in the M6 class.
My personal favorite ship never fly anything else.

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 00:13

I found the springie when confronted by pirates OOS, it just sits still, has command attack enemy, does not move while it takes a pounding. I have to command it to nav to pos, once it moves from a dead stop, like how NPCs get stuck at gates. I then command it to be a CAG again. I have recommanded a springie about 3 dozen times and got fed up with it getting mono. Just my experiance with the springie.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 00:26

mangar wrote:I was thinking of making a fleet of UTs or CAGs out of them.
FAQ I'm afraid you can't turn an M6 or better into a UT :(
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 00:37

Cpt.Jericho wrote:
mangar wrote:I was thinking of making a fleet of UTs or CAGs out of them.
FAQ I'm afraid you can't turn an M6 or better into a UT :(
According to the FAQ, you can use an M6 as a MK3. I haven't actually checked it in 3.0 though.

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 01:50

Just did, start a hyperion Vngd as a sector trader is highlighted..OK
Just turn one into a CAG command accepted...!!! Happy me :D
Also CLS1 and 2 are highlight ok!!!

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 02:09

well to be honest I have never tried using an M6 as a UT or CIG but I have used them on manual trade runs from my weapons complexs to HQ and I use the Springie simple for her speed.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 02:16

In terms of speed to capacity ratio the Springblossom rates up there near some of the best TS ships.
Its speed and shields also make it safer and more likely to get good deals.
You can make it a Mk3 trader in 3.0 and it makes a very capable one. Made for terran space really.
Loaded out with SBSCs its a pretty sick OOS killer too.. I've never had it "sit there doing nothing". IS is a different matter, it'll spin around and kill itself.

As a raw combat vessel, I prefer the Hyp tho. A great piece of kit. The docking is just win.

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 03:48

So far so good, I even getting hit by a Q, it can get away coming through a gate. any other TS just gets wasted and sometimes never gets a chance to hail "Ship under attack" at lest the HV has shields and a chance to out run capitoal ships!!!

I have a dozen ships and have started to move all TS pilots to the new fleet of HVs being built.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 05:35

Yes, I like my Hyp Van, but am still looking for the original 'standard' Hyperion which appeared in Reunion in the BalaGi mission... Does it exist in TC? I love the 3GJ shields, you see ... and the use of PSG's loaded on the front 4 turrets... happy to trade a bit of speed for those..
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 05:52

No.

X3TC Paranid M7s (Agamemnon, Deimos) can mount PSGs though.

RichardDaborn
x3tc

Post by RichardDaborn » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 13:55

I love my Hype, the Goddess, I have a Medusa which is my personal fighter docked to it. Its a good combo.

Hype turrets lack variety IMHO but make up for it in virtually every other area.

Up front I have 2 Ion Shard Railguns, 4 CIGs and 2 Plasma Bursts.

Front Turrets I have HEPTs & Rear I use PACs.

Great ship.
http://rdaborn.tumblr.com/
Sci-fi Artwork website.

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Mon, 7. Feb 11, 16:18

The Hype is working great as a UT, CAG and CLSs. So far they have been attacked a number of times but never strade like TS's.

its like set and forget them!!!!

:D One less thing to worry about!

brattbags01
x3tc

Post by brattbags01 » Mon, 7. Feb 11, 18:56

mangar wrote:The Hype is working great as a UT, CAG and CLSs. So far they have been attacked a number of times but never strade like TS's.

its like set and forget them!!!!

:D One less thing to worry about!
Nah, afraid not. Just lost my Hyperion Vanguard CAG to a Bloody Xenon Q.......Aaaaargh, you are sooooo DEAD MR Q :evil: :evil: :evil:
X3 TC

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Mon, 7. Feb 11, 19:27

And then the problem becomes how you replace a Hyperion Vanguard when it does inevitably meet that Q... :P
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

garv222

Post by garv222 » Mon, 7. Feb 11, 23:28

The standard Hyperion works awesome as a UT, but realistically it's price(or availability) is horrendous compared to many TS. You either have to steal it or RE. Both are time consuming. It sports a nice 3000+ cargo space, but with a speed just shy of 170. Considering that UT usually jump when they travel, I don't think the speed is as big of an issue as people would like to think. Now in Terran space this is a totally different matter, but the SB is easier to get and number of trades is just as important as cargo space which is where the blinding speed is really important...so long as you're OOS. I really don't want to imagine a speeding brick like the SB in AI control IS.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

mangar
xr

Post by mangar » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 00:43

I agree to to a point, I had like 50 regular TS and added 10 SB as UTs.
After a few game hours I lost 1/3 of them to "Kill by station" Killed by Pirate Harrier" Killed by Q"
By the time I bought 10 more and fitted them out I lost another 2. So out of 20 SB in about a game day or so, I lost 2 because they stopped in limbo "0 Speed" and let the single Pirate Harrier kill it" three smashed into station hanger docks.

HEHE Speed Kills :twisted: even though it would be easier to make more, but get really tired of how it handles OOS.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”