Hyperion in X3TC, Gettable by all starts?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bremen
x3tc

Hyperion in X3TC, Gettable by all starts?

Post by Bremen » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 22:40

How do you go about getting the missions? to get the hyperion? Is it even in TC?
and secondly...

If I am like 5days into the game, is that too late a start to fix whatever problems might be in the Terran sectors economy that i keep seeing referenced but not sure what they really mean?

Thinking about doing a fresh start but would really like feedback on which ones are good.

ComedianGR
x3fl

Post by ComedianGR » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 22:48

You have to reach trading rank of Petty Financier to unlock the Tormented Teladi start. You have to finish the extra plot that starts at that Tormented Teladi start to unlock the Poisoned Paranid start.
The Poisoned Paranid start has the tuned Hyperion Vanguard if it is that you want.

If you just want a Hyperion Vanguard just get some marines, find one and board it.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 23:14

The reference to Terrans is the Wraith Missile factories based in Mars and Saturn 2. Keeping a ship docked at those stations will prevent them from disappearing by an act of GoD (though not immune from hostile forces). Since the acts of the RNG and GoD tend to be random, for the most part, one cannot say for certain if you game is too far in or not.

In my current game I lost both so I have to find an alternate source for Wraiths, but I was able to save one of the Ghoul Missile facs (Venus) for my Skirnir fleet.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 14:52

The Hyperion is in all game starts. The Paranid use them as sector patrols, so they can be found roaming around. Mostly in the south, and home blocks. (Friar's Retreat area, and Paranid Prime area respectively.)

Checking Military outposts for owned ships will sometimes show them to you.

They can be capped like any corvette, with 6 marines.

Can be hard because they like to head for core sectors a lot.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”