Another Goner Plot question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lexraider
x3tc

Another Goner Plot question

Post by lexraider » Mon, 7. Feb 11, 22:22

Anybody got any tips on how to recue Hall in Gaian Star? Having battled my way there the odds seem overwhelming. I get to the point where the plot screen takes over telling you to rescue Beholder Hall but by then my shields are almost gone, and to add insult to injury it seems the game plays on whilst you have to watch the animated bit, thus depleting my shields even more. I'm flying my Deimos with 6x1GJS.

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Mon, 7. Feb 11, 22:55

Clone a bunch of typhoon missiles and blow the big ships that give you trouble from far away. About 5-6 missiles per 1GJ of shielding will do.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Mon, 7. Feb 11, 23:02

Hmm a while since I done that Gonar mission but Think the trick there is u have to get a few things for the Pirate base there to get docking right.

And if your getting hammered getting there try a faster ship and don't attack everything red u see, Don't be so trigger happy if u can aviod a fight do it.

I use to use a Kessie and lead the pirates away from the gate then bring in my bigger ships to make the deal, Ofcourse my Hyperion :wink:

Dropping a sat network helps to u can keep an eye on pirate movements then :wink:
Missiles help to stay out of range and u wont get so baddly hammered, Let u figure out best missiles for the job :wink:

Let us know how u get on.

bobxii
x3tc

Post by bobxii » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 19:24

best piece of advice i've gotten so far is to scan everything, especially convoy leaders (capitals). Often they'll turn themselves and everything around them blue. That is, if you have a bit of pirate rep (I've never done anything purposefully for getting pirate rep).

lexraider
x3tc

Post by lexraider » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 22:41

Managed it at last, finally blundered through letting my shields soak up all the fire, then just as they were going, jumped into the xperimental shuttle I had in the hangar of my Deimos and used its speed to pick up Hall. Lost my Jumpdrive in the process but managed to hightail it outa there. Had to sacrifice my Deimos but whats 40 odd million Cr in the grand scheme of things?!
Thanks for the tips guys. No doubt I'll be back.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”