Turning Asteroids into Mines

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

farmerboy
x3tc

Turning Asteroids into Mines

Post by farmerboy » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 22:46

I always assumed that if you turned an asteroid with a high number into its corresponding mine factory you would benefit from starting with a roid with a high number (e.g. a roid with silicon of 70 as opposed to a mine with silicon 20).

However can't see how you gain. I have three nividium mines. First two used roids with nividium status around 10. The third was a nividium roid with a very high 72 I found in the Kha'ak Sector 841. They all seem to make sellable nividium at exactly the same rate.

(I am using the maurauder script for the mine)

Am I to assume I have wasted my time picking high number roids to turn into mines?? Looking at all my silicon and ore mines now they all have exactly the same output and cycle time.

Am I just missing something or will any old asteroid do the same thing when you mine it??

This must be the case or my mines should all have different cycle times.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 22:51

They should not all have the same output and cycle time, no doubt some odd effect of your modified game. Interesting.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Cpt.Falcon
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Falcon » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 22:52

I´m not sure, but i think the cycle time never changes. You "only" get more ore/silicon in one cycle (also you need more ecells).
Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 22:55

No, cycle changes too.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 23:26

Agreed.

When I need to know which mines are on which yield 'roid,if I have forgot to name the Mine thus (silicon Mine 50y),then I look at the cycle times etc to calculate which yield 'roid the mine is on...then I rename the mine,lest I forget.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 9. Feb 11, 00:10

Normal mines (ore and silicon) increase output with asteroid yield. However, if you're not seeing this with your nividium mine mod, I'd suggest you ask in the appropriate thread in the Scripts & Modding Forum. And since this is obviously an S&M issue, I'll let this thread drop.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”