Recommend me an M6

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falkirion
x3tc

Recommend me an M6

Post by Falkirion » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 00:54

I'm in the market for an M6 to start working my way up towards building my own fleet of warships and causing general mayhem and mischief.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 01:00

Springy, Cheatblossom, Ultimate No Brainer...

Skiron is the popular choice for general fleet work.
Heavy Centaur Prototype if it's available to you is also pretty good and potentially free though does require work.
Hyperion Vanguard is good if you can get hold of one.
Any ship if good if it's cheap.

Falkirion
x3tc

Post by Falkirion » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 01:10

What kind of weapon loadout should i be aiming as well? I've mostly been working with PAC's and IRE's on my M4s and M5s.

I'm thinking PRG's or CIG's. Also the ship will be used for a little bit of Piracy so I'm looking for shield suppression tech too.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 02:00

Can't go wrong with Snaggin' a Dragon.

Mount two MD's, two PBE's and four HEPT's. Fairly fast, not so well sheilded, but an aggressive style will make up for it.

On the other hand, six MD's and two PBE's can make short work of any situation. Tends to be a bit ammo hungry though.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

sjones25
x3tc

Post by sjones25 » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 02:07

Well, if you do go with the Springy, you'll need the unique Aldrin prototype weapons. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go with the Paranid Hyperion.

In fact, go with the Hyperion even if you do have access to Aldrin! 1GJ of shielding, 3333 cargobay, 169 speed, and it's the only M6 with a hanger. It even looks cool! You do have to steal it though, cause no one sells them.

My Hyperion loadout is PACs in the back and HEPTs everywhere else.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 02:10

ultimate prize the Hyperion :wink:
Spring blossom poor second :D

Rogue
x3tc

Post by Rogue » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 02:49

Skiron or HCP are both good (although I dislike the Skiron for personal reasons)

The Springy is an insane ship, although it can put people off the game as they never fly anything else or find it too easy. Hence the title "Cheatblossom"

Dragons are always a solid choice be it the normal or heavy variant.

The Hyp Vanguard is capture only (except with Posioned Paranid start), but the effort is well worth it as it's an amazing ship.

All the others are o.k ships except the hydra which is just horrible.

Any m6 can be good though depending on how you fly it.

For a first M6 though can't go wrong with the dragon.
Knock knock. Who's there? Zerg Rushhhhhhhhhhhh!
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Ace Rimmer
[ external image ]

Insatiable
x4

Post by Insatiable » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 03:22

I assume you're playing Terran Conflict? Nobody posts that anymore. If so...

Springblossom.
Hyperion Vanguard close second.

Insatiable
x4

Post by Insatiable » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 03:23

Falkirion wrote:What kind of weapon loadout should i be aiming as well? I've mostly been working with PAC's and IRE's on my M4s and M5s.

I'm thinking PRG's or CIG's. Also the ship will be used for a little bit of Piracy so I'm looking for shield suppression tech too.
If you want to capture ships, use the Hyperion Vanguard with PRGs in the main slots. Whatever you want for the turrets.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 03:23

Whichever Corvette falls most readily to your marines.

Get them all, try them out, then decide. the others will be worth a rather pretty penny, as the saying goes.
-- GD

Falkirion
x3tc

Post by Falkirion » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 03:45

Sorry Insaitable, I am playing TC. Forgot to post that in the thread title to give everyone a heads up.

Well since the Split aren't exactly that friendly with me at the moment looks like I'll be working a bit more before I get into an M6. Think I'll go hunting for a Dragon to capture. Or if I can find it, the Hyperion. Actually I might just go for both. I have no love for the Paranid. Just need to get a TM and a couple of Novas. Have a spare 10 million lying around, should be enough to outfit 4 M3's and a TM.

Not going to get the Springblossom. Its stats just make it look broken and too cheap of an exploit.
Last edited by Falkirion on Fri, 11. Feb 11, 04:46, edited 2 times in total.

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 04:06

Hype is a great ship. Personally I think the best way is to just take what you can get -- I've spent the most time as the pilot of a Heavy Dragon, Heavy Nemesis, HCP, Pirate Centaur and Vidar, and while none of them (except the last one) are best in their class for stats I love them all. (Yes I pirated them :pirat:)
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 07:33

I personally fly the Skiron. It is a good work horse M6. As long as you have rep with the Argon, you can get it. I also like the Vidar, and it is usually what I fly after the Terran missions are done.

That M6 is one mean mofo when you have 10 M/AML in the nose of that baby. :mrgreen:
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 14:37

Insatiable wrote:I assume you're playing Terran Conflict? Nobody posts that anymore. If so...

Springblossom.
Hyperion Vanguard close second.
You got to be joking you rate the springy over the hyp.
Hell man u must be missing something :lol:

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 14:43

General Purpose, (Weapons, Cargo Bay) - OTAS Skiron.
Good first M6 - Split Dragon.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Mazz
x3tc

Post by Mazz » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 14:47

Joe McCracken wrote:I personally fly the Skiron. It is a good work horse M6. As long as you have rep with the Argon, you can get it. I also like the Vidar, and it is usually what I fly after the Terran missions are done.

That M6 is one mean mofo when you have 10 M/AML in the nose of that baby. :mrgreen:
I agree, the Vidar is also very very shineeyyy :D one of the best looking ships in the game. Fly the springblossom if you just want an easy life however, there should be a picture of that ship under the definition of over powered. :roll:

Rogue
x3tc

Post by Rogue » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 15:10

Mazz wrote:
Joe McCracken wrote:I personally fly the Skiron. It is a good work horse M6. As long as you have rep with the Argon, you can get it. I also like the Vidar, and it is usually what I fly after the Terran missions are done.

I agree, the Vidar is also very very shineeyyy :D one of the best looking ships in the game. Fly the springblossom if you just want an easy life however, there should be a picture of that ship under the definition of over powered. :roll:
I'm sorry that pictures already taken by this

[ external image ]

But the Springy does come a close second!
[ external image ]

wreckzors
x3tc

Post by wreckzors » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 15:33

YAY ZERG!

my first m6 was a centaur, and it liked it quite a bit.. then upgraded to heavy centaur... then the Skiron. The Skiron is a great ship and I used it for a very long time. I have never owned a hyperion.. and I never put matter/antimater launchers on my Vidar so... I never got a whole lot out of it.

Rogue
x3tc

Post by Rogue » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 15:48

I was considering buying 100 Kestrels naming them all zergling and siccing them onto a frigate for giggles.

As for the Vidar/Springy hell even the Katana, I think you really have to put M/AML's on them or you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot
[ external image ]

Thorien Kell

Post by Thorien Kell » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 19:10

Greatness of this game is that is no "best" ship, though many people spend countless hours in a search for one. Every ship has some flaw and things that he is good at.

Now Springblossom, I am not fan of terran ships, they are overpowered, ugly and have poor weapon selection. Plus his forward gun position is lousy, shooting beam is too wide apart meaning you'll have problems in hitting closer targets. I dislike MAMLs, unlike similar stated CIGs which are awsome and have proximity fuse, those weapons are useless against anything smaller then M6. That ship is great for all around missions (speed, cargo), for quick transport of passengers and smaller goods, as general usage player ship. Even occasional assassination. Deadly against fighters.

Skiron like all OTAS designs have superior stats in many areas to similar ships. Two great BUTs though. Firs, his turning speed is below average. Has many turrets to compensate that, true, but in space he "feels" like freighter. And i dont like that. Second, he is unable to mount forward EBC's, leaving you relying on your weapon generators. In prolonged and dangerous fights this is bad. When you get that third khaak corvette heading in your direction you will say "Oh no, not again"

And that only means he is BALANCED. Which is good thing, cause if not of balance, we will all fly the same ship.

For the beginner I would also like many of you recommend Split Dragon. He is cheapest and fastest corvette. And packs nasty punch. Has it's flaws but for beginner, great ship. You should try to fly as many ships as possible, gathering experience in ship stats, values and weapon systems. It will make YOU better pilot and that is all that matters.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”