Your biggest mobile mining fleet

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Infekted
x3tc

Your biggest mobile mining fleet

Post by Infekted » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 14:14

I currently have a mining fleet of 250 miners serviced by 25 CLS ships. I plan to expand to 1000 miners. Mainly when i can be bothered to set up the CLS collectors.

I was just curious really, how big other people have gone. Anybody got more than 1k?

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 14:17

Erm...twenty....
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Choublanc
x3tc

Post by Choublanc » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 14:26

5 :oops:

1000 ?!? Impressive! How much money would they bring every hour if mining Nividium?

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 14:29

Hell knows tbh... With 250 miners i have to sell an orca full every five minutes or so

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 14:41

Actually, it's a little bigger. Four Caiman Miners, for speed and hold, two CLS2 Mercuries drawing off the Nividium, and two DolphinSF's to be sold when full.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Fith

Post by Fith » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 17:43

You have 250 ships mining Nividium? :o

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 18:04

Hi, I'm curious, but can't you just place mining stations on these rocks as opposed to having to deal with so many mining ships?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 18:15

Unfortunately, there are no Nividium mines in the vanilla game.

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 18:24

Oh okay. So there are Nividium rocks, but we can't put a mining station on it due to not even having a Nividium station.

I wouldn't care if I'm vanilla or not. Sounds silly that no one would be able to create a Nividium mining station in a universe this advanced. Sorry about the thread jacking. :D

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 08:36

50 magnetars with like 4 falcon haulers each to offload stuff into my chip (60) / PPC (10) / 2GJ (5) complex. 20 TS Miners and four TL miners.

Sector being patrolled by my first two M2 Boreas's.

A real moneymaker, but still a pretty modest operation since I can't get the CLS working with Silicon. They go on strike after each run... :(

A tradingstation didn't help either (too low stock levels for offloading), nor did my silicon mining complex (products aren't bought). My Chipplex can't sell Silicon since resources aren't sold... With no way to automate sales, it gets a logistic nightmare after a while.

Ozkar
x3tc

Post by Ozkar » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 10:48

3 Caiman miners and 1 Baldric Miner... so maybe slightly smaller than a couple of you guys :lol:
Give me a mamba or give me death!

Donziboy2
x3tc

Post by Donziboy2 » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 14:02

To Flozem

When I was mining silicon and ore for plex's I found you could put 1 large hauler ship on about 10 miners and set it on waypoints. Go to each mining ship then back to plex for offload, any excess i would send to xenon hub to be sold by ships there. Xenon hub makes a nice traders market cause if its size and customizable gates.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 14:47

@Flozem: You'll want an EQD, instead of a Trading Station.

Then you park a TL there, and have it with a CLS2 supplying the station with Silicon. Then the CLS2's from the miners deliver to the TL instead of the station.

That vastly increases the storage capacity, and there's no shortage of space for incoming CLS to drop it's Silicon. If you then base a dozen or so CAG's on the EQD, dedicated to selling the Silicon... That should keep the flow going.

@Donziboy2: And if you back it with an EQD or two, you can keep the HUB from getting log jammed with NPC traders.

lemonylime
x3tc

Post by lemonylime » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 23:01

Both of which were lost due to horrible AI. I really don't like mining in this game. =/

GunRage
x3

Post by GunRage » Sun, 13. Feb 11, 18:49

I can mine Nvidium in vanilla, you just have to use a mobile mining ship and do it yourself, only problem is you can only sell two units of nvidium at any one time.

Is it possible to have a transport from a factory purchase Ore or Silicon directly from a mining ship as you would another station, i can manualy transfer ore or silicon but can't get it to run on it's own ?
I wish upon you eternal life!!

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 13. Feb 11, 19:05

Fith wrote:You have 250 ships mining Nividium? :o
350 now :D

Flybye - I'm mining niv. However I have had a few hundred ships mining silicon in previous games. Its good in that, a) Mines are pain the behind to drag together. You need to be IS to place them, whereas you can set up a mining operation OOS. Its probly quicker to set up a mobile mining op, than place and drag mines in some situations.
b) Mobile mining is infinately scalable. Basically as long as there's some debris you can build what you like. You don't have to be concerned with asteroid yields.

Flozem - Not sure why silicon isn't working for you. I've mined that fine before.
I'd recommend 1 ship thats the same capacity as your miners, per ten miners. Be careful of supply conditions.
I wouldn't mine silicon to sell. Turn it into micros or crystals for other stuff imo. Set up a complex and have it delivered directly there. A large complex has a fat amount of silicon storage.

GunRage - You need to send your miners to where the niv is, then use the collect rocks in sector to automine nividium.
There are ways and means of selling lots of niv.

You'd need to look into CLS software from the bonuspack to set up a fully automated mining op.
Last edited by Infekted on Sun, 13. Feb 11, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Sun, 13. Feb 11, 19:07

The Bonus Pack is considered to still be "Vanilla", the CLS2 ware it adds to the game can handle both collection & delivery of wares to & from ships (though I don't believe it will treat it as a sale).

CLS2 can also be used to sell Nividium to NPC stations that will take it.

If you have more capital & are willing to play with CLS2 to an even greater extent, you can sell Nividium from a Player-owned Trading Station (I hope), Equipment Dock, Xenon Hub, or Player HQ. If you dock a TS or TL the player station to act as a warehouse, you can use CLS2 on a collector-transfer to stock the warehouse-ship from the miners, & CLS2 on the warehouse-ship to restock the player-station from the warehouse. You may even be able to charge higher than "Average" price for the Nividium you sell, though anything over Minimum is better than bulk shipyard sales.

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Sun, 13. Feb 11, 21:02

Infekted wrote:Flozem - Not sure why silicon isn't working for you. I've mined that fine before.
I'd recommend 1 ship thats the same capacity as your miners, per ten miners. Be careful of supply conditions.
I wouldn't mine silicon to sell. Turn it into micros or crystals for other stuff imo. Set up a complex and have it delivered directly there. A large complex has a fat amount of silicon storage.
The problem isn't getting the silicon at my complex, but more getting rid of / selling the excess silicon. The falcon haulers work great in getting the silicon at my complex. Yet I cannot sell or transfer stuff from there. Even though CLS1 and 2 are supposed to work, they only like Ore and not Silicon.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 13. Feb 11, 21:56

Yeah silicon is tough to sell in substantial quantities. Hence turn it into something else.
I still don't understand why your CLS wont ship it from your mining base... Do you have ships trying to ship both ore and silicon? As that will often cause problems. Other than that I have no idea.
CLS2 should be able to load then unload it anywhere you want. Even CLS1 should ship it quite happily.
CAGs would stall if there's no valid trades in range, which is often the case.

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Sun, 13. Feb 11, 22:40

Nope - tried setting up dedicated silicon runs with CLS1 and 2 both with the buy / sell and the load / unload commands. Between two complexes, Xenon hub, several trading stations, hell even TL's... thing is CLS works for about everything but Silicon. :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”