jumpdrive energy consumption script?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dhamon

jumpdrive energy consumption script?

Post by Dhamon » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 00:35

I've searched among many lines, but I didn't find the script that calculates the jump energy cost per sector.
is there anyone who knows where to look in?

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 01:30

i think it's hard coded, but writing a work around script is possible.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 06:18

when you want to get the energy consumption into a variable - there is a single Script Command for it ;) (Fly Commands, 3 times Page Down; a script file would be a one-liner, so it is pointless to make a script like that..)

when you want to reduce your energy consumption to 0 when jumping:
-> start a background script which waits for a sector change and sets the ownership of [THIS] to player afterwards
-> set the ownership of [THIS] to Goner
-> start the Jump process
-> «reset the ownership of [THIS] to player» (doesn't always work, therefore the other Script..)

PS ok, had to read your question 2 times to understand.. there is no such command, but you can use the Command mentoined in my first suggestion and simply set a neighbour sector as target sector ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 09:36

fly commands

#

# x <RetVar/IF><RefObj> needed jump drive energy for jump to sector <Var/Sector>

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”