Repairing stations and Fighter drones

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sieg06660
x3tc

Repairing stations and Fighter drones

Post by Sieg06660 » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 00:43

one of compexes in gunnes crusade just got attacked by pirates (thought good rep with them would stop that) had very little defense i came to the rescue used 25 fighter drones on my Nova saved the day but now got to repair my advanced satelite factory in a complex and also need to figure out how to collect fighter drones easier are fighter drones MKII have a dock option or something like that.

Zloth
x3tc

Post by Zloth » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 06:59

The only stations I've had hurt at all got blown up so I can't really help you there.

For the drones, no, there is no come-home command, unfortunately. I think you have to tell each one to stop then pick them up. If there is a way (maybe broadcast command?), I would sure like to know it.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 07:37

I don't think there's any way to repair a station in TC (besides a very long time with the repair laser).

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 08:41

Does the SETA trick still work with the repair laser? If so I would greatly recommend that for repairing your stations. If only they still had the BBS then you could hire someone to do it for you.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Insatiable
x4

Re: Repairing stations and Fighter drones

Post by Insatiable » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 08:50

Sieg06660 wrote:now got to repair my advanced satelite factory in a complex and also need to figure out how to collect fighter drones easier are fighter drones MKII have a dock option or something like that.
While Fighter Drones don't have a dock command, if you give them the "Protect Target" command, they will start to file back in. Best to stop the ship. I've only used this on one ship, though.

As far as the station goes, I wouldn't bother repairing it. Usually you can get to it before the shields are depleted. If you can't get to it before it's shields are knocked down, it probably won't survive anyways. :)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 09:08

Carlo the Curious wrote:I don't think there's any way to repair a station in TC (besides a very long time with the repair laser).
Don't those "repair my station" missions still get offered?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 09:23

pjknibbs wrote:Don't those "repair my station" missions still get offered?
Never have in TC, as far as I know.

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 12:50

cj-spartacus wrote:Does the SETA trick still work with the repair laser? If so I would greatly recommend that for repairing your stations. If only they still had the BBS then you could hire someone to do it for you.
It does, but it's still very slow. I have one factory at 75%, tried the SETA but soon gave up.

perkint
x3tc

Re: Repairing stations and Fighter drones

Post by perkint » Sat, 12. Feb 11, 14:03

Insatiable wrote:While Fighter Drones don't have a dock command, if you give them the "Protect Target" command, they will start to file back in. Best to stop the ship. I've only used this on one ship, though.
That only works if the ship you are in has a free docking slot. But it's worth using a ship like that (eg a TM) for deploying drones. Or put up with the pain of having to fly over each one to pick them up :(

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”