Changing (M6) Ship Camera Speed.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LiNcK

Changing (M6) Ship Camera Speed.

Post by LiNcK » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 01:05

Hi guys, I recently downloaded the "X Models 3D Viewer" tool & I wanted to ask if I could change ship stats (Steering) with it & How?

Or if you cant, With what tool could I easily change ship stats?

Thanks!! :3
Last edited by LiNcK on Mon, 14. Feb 11, 02:29, edited 1 time in total.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 01:12

X3 Editor 2

LiNcK

Post by LiNcK » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 19:33

Litcube wrote:X3 Editor 2
Alright, Got it, Thanks :D

But I wanna change the steering (Coz it steers really slow, It has 6.0 RPM Steering)

Theres:

Yaw
Pitch
Roll
Speed (Base)
Max Speed
Acceleration
Angular acceleration
Speed Extensions
Power
Hull Strenght
Average reaction Delay
Shield
Max shield count
Etc etc...

-

I set Yaw, Pitch, Roll & Angular acceleration as the Perseus Vanguard's just to test if it would drive like it but it doesnt, Its still slow...
I even doubled it to test...

What should I change to better the steering? :S

EDIT: Changed the Angular Acceleration back to the original...
The Springblossom with the new settings does steer to the sides & up/down like that Perseus but the camera movement is slow...
Thats what I wanna change, Cause I cant stop crashing into stuff coz of the slow camera movement.

I want it to drive normally, Just change the camera to make it move around faster so that I can stop crashing into stuff :\

Thanks in advance (:

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 19:45

I have no idea what you're referring to when you say camera movement. The only options for changing control is what you've already edited. IF those don't work, you're stuck with what you have. :(

Also, I believe covertly bumping your post like you've been doing for the past two days is frowned upon by the moderators. Just an FYI.

LiNcK

Post by LiNcK » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 19:52

Litcube wrote:I have no idea what you're referring to when you say camera movement. The only options for changing control is what you've already edited. IF those don't work, you're stuck with what you have. :(

Also, I believe covertly bumping your post like you've been doing for the past two days is frowned upon by the moderators. Just an FYI.
2 days? I posted this yesterday night :P
Just decided to change the title to make it more clear... Sorry...

What I mean is, When you drive a small ship (M4/M5/M3) you can steer good & Move around fast...

But when you drive around with a bigger ship it goes slower...
The "camera" goes slower...

Im using the old way of camera, Not the new with were it shoots were you point the mouse but the one in X3:R, Were the whole ship moves into that direction...

So when I move my camera it goes slower to that point than if you had a smaller ship...
(Like, You can quickly do a 180 spin if youre about to crash with a M4, But you can do that with a M1)

I guess this is what they mean with Steering (The ship has Steering 6.0)
But theres no "Option" for steering at the edit thingy...

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 19:55

It's referred to as steering 'round these parts. The values you're looking for are indeed yaw, pitch, and roll.

LiNcK

Post by LiNcK » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 19:59

Litcube wrote:It's referred to as steering 'round these parts. The values you're looking for are indeed yaw, pitch, and roll.
Okay.. Ill test putting them to something like 1000 or something to see if I see any change in camera movement :P

I think they are the strafing speed though, Since thats what I noticed when I first changed em, The ship seemed to strafe faster..

EDIT: I changed all 3 options to 1000000 (RPM)
And I see no difference :S

I noticed that the camera does move fast (Normal) while on a turret but on the ship itself, Nahh :\

Is there any way to change mouse sensivity (IG) then?
I guess that would help the slow rotation or the camera...

LiNcK

Post by LiNcK » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 21:36

Okay so after searching around, I found out that I cant really turn mouse sensitivity higher, And I think that the ship's turnability isnt exactly a "stat" (Since increasing Yaw, Pitch & Roll doesnt help)
So Im guessing its something else, Are there any files were other ships settings are?

If you dont understand what I wanna do its this: I want my ship to turn faster/tighter.
If there are people making new ships there should be a way to edit this part of it?

(PS: IDK if Double Posting is allowed? There was nothing in the rules about it...)

The Univerce builder
x3tc

Post by The Univerce builder » Tue, 15. Feb 11, 01:36

You need to edit the value for steering extensions.
simply increasing this to, say, 1000, will (for some chump-change) put even the mammoth into the 'blindingly fast' realm of maneuvering.
generally, however, on larger ships you don't want to increase turning too much, as the reaction-times needed for avoiding ship-death while in crowded sectors exponentially increase. if you don't believe me, hop into an orca or hydra, head over to Savage Spur and try fighting any lager group of m4's or better.
you'll likely whip the after end of your ship into a 'roid about ten seconds into the fight.
on the other hand, getting most capitals into the ballpark of 20-25 extensions and upwards of 80 m/s speed, is how I like to run things.
a good clip and decent turning, without giving one nausea when doing barrel-rolls.
SupermegaOverhaul
Cargo Bay now contains: Argon Prime
THEY are coming.

LiNcK

Post by LiNcK » Tue, 15. Feb 11, 01:58

The Univerce builder wrote:You need to edit the value for steering extensions.
simply increasing this to, say, 1000, will (for some chump-change) put even the mammoth into the 'blindingly fast' realm of maneuvering.
generally, however, on larger ships you don't want to increase turning too much, as the reaction-times needed for avoiding ship-death while in crowded sectors exponentially increase. if you don't believe me, hop into an orca or hydra, head over to Savage Spur and try fighting any lager group of m4's or better.
you'll likely whip the after end of your ship into a 'roid about ten seconds into the fight.
on the other hand, getting most capitals into the ballpark of 20-25 extensions and upwards of 80 m/s speed, is how I like to run things.
a good clip and decent turning, without giving one nausea when doing barrel-rolls.
I increased it to 25 (It was 10 before) but when I go to a station it says I have 10/10 Rudder Optimizations, It didnt increase it at all :\
Weird. :S

HotSake
x3tc

Post by HotSake » Tue, 15. Feb 11, 05:09

LiNcK wrote:I increased it to 25 (It was 10 before) but when I go to a station it says I have 10/10 Rudder Optimizations, It didnt increase it at all :\
Most ship changes only take effect on a new ship. Try using the cheat package to clone your existing ships and see the difference.

LiNcK

Post by LiNcK » Tue, 15. Feb 11, 19:31

HotSake wrote:
LiNcK wrote:I increased it to 25 (It was 10 before) but when I go to a station it says I have 10/10 Rudder Optimizations, It didnt increase it at all :\
Most ship changes only take effect on a new ship. Try using the cheat package to clone your existing ships and see the difference.
Uhm... I bought a new ship instead of spaning it (Couldent get the script to work) & It still had the 10 steering extensions.. So IDK...

Could Yaw, Pitch & Roll only affect new ships?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”