Aldrin Plot Help - Did I Break it?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jingleheimer
x3

Aldrin Plot Help - Did I Break it?

Post by Jingleheimer » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 01:16

I've been a silent lurker for a couple years now and have devoted (wasted?) countless hours to this game. Before I ramble further, here's my problem:
Spoiler
Show
I just entered Terran Unknown Sector 2 to explore it. I know that flying near the derelict solar power plant is supposed to trigger Mahi Ma's friends to appear in an angle. However, no matter how close I get or how long I sit there triggers it.
I am using TC 3.0.

Although I do have a few minor mods installed, they ought to be incidental enough to not cause plot problems (never have before and none of their respective threads indicate plot problems). Disabling them and then leaving/re-entering the sector does nothing. This is why I chose to post in this forum anyway. Nevertheless, here are the mods that I am using:

Bonus Pack (latest version)
BEIR Scanner
Super Tractor
Improved Boarding
Marine Repairs
LazCorp Claim Unknown Sector

Obviously, having a flagged save game doesn't bother me much. Should it be determined that my plot is unrecoverable by normal means, is there a way to manually advance the plot through scripting? Like, can I issue a script command that triggers the Angel to appear?

MODS: feel free to move this topic to a more appropriate forum if needed.

Thank you in advance for your help!

tbowen
x3tc

Post by tbowen » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 01:26

Hello Jingleheimer--
Spoiler
Show
I don't recall having to be close to the remains of the SPP in order to find the angel; I remember having to search (though not that hard) for the angel. So, perhaps you should fly around the sector a bit--the angel could be just out of your scanner range.
Otherwise, go back to an earlier save.

Jingleheimer
x3

Post by Jingleheimer » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 05:26

Ahh, yes...that seems to have been the problem. I feel a bit silly now for not thinking of that myself. Thanks!
Spoiler
Show
The angel was about 25k away. That's weird as I scoured that system for quite a while without stumbling upon it, though I honestly wasn't specifically looking for it since I was expecting something to happen right at the power plant.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”