Aldrin Autopilot?!?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LiNcK

Aldrin Autopilot?!?

Post by LiNcK » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 03:12

Hey... Im pretty stressed right now, I got LITERALLY 1 hour trying to dock a ship at Aldrin's Shipyard but its IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The autopilot is effed up or somehting coz the ships CANT GODAMN DRIVE STRAIGHT!!!!!!
They keep going back, I had to do it manually... Going 60KM away from the freakking shipyard to the other ship to drive it to stop it next to the other etc... IN A ASTRONATUR SUIT AT 14M/S!!!!

What the hell is wrong with Aldrin??!?!?!?!/

I still havent managed to dock both... Since one of them FLEW THE HELL OUT TO 60KMs away from the shipyard when I told it to dock at it whiel it was only 7KMs away.... WWWWWTTTTFFF!?!?!? STREEZZZZ

garv222

Post by garv222 » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 03:31

Aldrin is messed up, won't be fixed so you'll just need to cope and use a docking computer + manual SETA to get things done. Tough it out.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

luckbox
x4

Post by luckbox » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 03:34

Or leave the sector if it's not ship you want to dock. That seems to work, too.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 15:44

Get docking computer(from Paranid EQ Dock).
Target the station.
Fly in close.
When within 5 km use Docking Computer.

Or as said...Don't be in the ship if you don't need to be,and go OOS.

The problem is the collission detection.

Of course,if you are doing the mission,then you need to dock as described.
Or if you are lucky you might be able to fully manual-dock without docking computer.
Fly close in.
Request to dock and guide your ship to the green circle.
Keep speed low enough to stop the flashing red arrow.

travisdh1
x3tc

Post by travisdh1 » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 16:56

Also check out the scripts and modding forum, they should still have a script that makes that huge rock smaller and does not mark the game **modified**.

Chemical-mix
x3tc

Post by Chemical-mix » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 10:45

Yes there is a great little mod that drastically reduces the size of that damned rock in Aldrin. An invaluable little add-on that should solve all your woes. I wholly recommend it.
"I came, I saw, I crumbled"

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”