Yaki Ships? Playable?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DemiG
x3tc

Yaki Ships? Playable?

Post by DemiG » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 12:09

I recently went into yaki space and found a yaki shipyard and noticed that the yaki Military transport was quite a bit better then the otas. (I use military transports so i dont have to run to there aid every time they get attacked)

Yet when i bought a group of 3 yaki churkoro (or how ever you spell it) they wouldnt undock from the station. When i tryed to enter the ship and undock my self it wouldnt let me.

any ideas?

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 12:17

Go to another sector (aka OOS) & try to do it remotely.

Though personally I've never had this issue, & I use Chokaros almost exclusively (I've been trying a Zephyrus in my current game, but it sucks, so I've just sent it to Senator's to buy some alternates).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 12:32

Yes, it is a known issue with that shipyard and Chokaros on certain docks. They will safely undock remotely from OOS as JAFA_NZ suggested.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 12:34

JAFA_NZ wrote:(I've been trying a Zephyrus in my current game, but it sucks, so I've just sent it to Senator's to buy some alternates).
Why is that ?

I’ve used both, thought they were both very good. In my current game I haven’t reached the W. sectors yet so got the Zephyrus at Legends Home instead, its one of the few OTAS ships that looks good, although not as much cargo space as the Yaki version. Jeez, you should see the Split TM, bloody awful, half the screen is blocked out with the cockpit view of the ship, feels more like your piloting an elephant than a TM.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 14:36

Yaki Tenjin. Fighter, M3, two turrets. Nice Cargo bay.
Worth a look.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 17:14

Plus it's got 9 main guns, and mounts both Mass Drivers, and Plasma Burst Generators. In short, it can rival most Corvette's for forward firepower, and ability shred targets.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Cykonaut
x3tc

Post by Cykonaut » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 00:25

I had that problem too. Even OOS it was still hanging up. I did a taxi run for somebody there and they released the ship. At least that was the connection I had made. I bought another one same problem. Did another mission and then my second Chokaro was able to leave dock. The fourth time I was able to leave dock without any mission services. Maybe it has to do with your faction rep with them I don't know but in my case going OOS was not enough.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 02:55

Did it spawn on the internal, or external docks?
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”