(X3:TC) CLS and CAG quesitons

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BigMistake
x3tc

(X3:TC) CLS and CAG quesitons

Post by BigMistake » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 03:49

I just installed the Bonus pack today... yeah I know. I was trying to set up the CLS/CAG or whatever "Commercial Representative" is to get one my Complexes to sell stuff to the IBL forges in Weaver's Tempest. After running through a couple of the basic guides I can't seem to figure out why my 2 TS (home based to the complex) choose to just sit there. "CAG on Standby" is the message displayed in their command console.

Some info to help you help me: I have a closed loop drug-plex that produces extra e-cells and crystals. Running latest ver. (3.1 I think) of X3:TC with the latest bonus pack. I have 2 upgraded Mistrals /w CLS mk1&2, trade software mk1&2, nav software, special command, and just about every other software save for the main combat and turbo ones. They are home based to the complex.

My question is how do I get these guys to sell Crystals, E-cells, Space Fuel, and Space Weed to the forges? I got those in the Produce list of the complex. Them just sitting there is quiet annoying and I really don't want to get more TS's in there and just use good 'ol Best Sell Software.

Also, bonus question, how could I setup a Ore Mine (in the same system) so that a TS (new one just for the Ore Mine, if necessary) supplies it with E-cells from the complex AND sells Ore to the IBL Forges. Is it even possible? Would I be better off tugging the Mine up (something I'm trying to avoid) and connecting it to the complex?

Just getting those stupid TS's to move (with automation, I'm sick of the manual method and Best Sell is too stupid for my tastes) would be much appreciated.

Preemptive "Thanks!" and Good Hunting. :pirat:

bobxii
x3tc

Post by bobxii » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 04:15

CAG's need to be leveled a bit before they can sell things. Yes, it's annoying.

For your second problem, use CLS and instruct it either explicitly (via external logistics) or implicitly (via internal logistics) to supply your station with ecells. Check out lucike's threads on each of these softwares if you can't figure out how to make it work.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 14:17

As above, CAG's are stupid until they learn different.

Use a CLS2 ship to sell to the IBL forges instead. And another to buy resources.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 17:14

Once you've used the CLS system to level the pilots a couple of spots you can reassign them as CAGs; after that they should do what you want in your OP
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

BigMistake
x3tc

Post by BigMistake » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 19:31

Thanks for the help. I was hoping I wouldn't have to lvl them (the reason I went this route was because I was sick of "babysitting" new UTs) but *looks at the guide he choose* it should be less annoying then the old school Best-Sell Soft. Heck, if this works as well as advertised, I might even set this system up for most of my complexes.

One last question... how does this system work for resources gather part of the hub? (Good? Bad? or don't bother?)

Thanks again and Good Hunting. :pirat:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 20:05

BigMistake wrote: I was hoping I wouldn't have to lvl them
There is a possibility to get already qualified personnel.
Lucike in the CLS readme wrote:Hint: If you buy the Commodity Logistics Software at the software producer's offices at the Free Argon Trading Station in Herron's Nebula, the producer tries to provide qualified personnel. If you actually start the software at the trading station you might get lucky and receive qualified pilots from the very beginning.
As CLS and CAG are using the same pilots (just slightly different rank names) that way you can also get experienced CAG pilots. Just start the CLS, get an experienced pilot and he will work as CAG and keep his rank if you give the CAG command.
If the pilot just has a low rank, dismiss him and try again.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 20:08

Cargo Messenger is what you want really (the highest you can start them at).
This is the rank they gain most of their important features.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 00:40

Just be willing to sit in that station forever firing pilots. You are at the mercy of a RNG.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Dogbite
x3ap

Post by Dogbite » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 01:05

Outfit Discoverer or 2 and put him doing a run supplying your factory with energy he'll top out in rank in about an Hr.
I have a real good memory but it's real short

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 03:12

Outfit 10 Discoverers at Argon Prime, and give them fly to station commands for Argon Prime, Herron's Nebula, Cloudbase Northwest, and Ringo Moon, Free Argon Trading Stations. They'll fly in circles, and then shortly you'll have 10 top level pilots.

Heh, I've even got a crew of them still in the Discos for fast movement of things like energy and crystals within large sectors. Just generate the route, and save the data with one, and then pass it along to the others.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 21. Feb 11, 03:56

I have a slightly different problem- I'm trying to supply the Ghoul missile factory in the 4th Unknown sector out past Oort Cloud, but can't simply set up a complex as it needs Water, Antimatter Warheads and C-Rations as well as Ore and Ecells, the first 3 I can't produce myself.

I've put an EQD in that sector and added all the wares. Is there any way I can use CLS to buy those resources from the nearby factories and sell them to the Ghoul Fab, or do I need to have one group of TS buying for the EQD and another ship ferrying the goods to the fab in exchange for the missiles?

I have 4 Mistrals on hand for their speed and I've been supplying the fab manually, which is proving very tedious to say the least :lol:

minigun
x4

Post by minigun » Mon, 21. Feb 11, 09:55

Sovereign01 wrote:I have a slightly different problem- I'm trying to supply the Ghoul missile factory in the 4th Unknown sector out past Oort Cloud, but can't simply set up a complex as it needs Water, Antimatter Warheads and C-Rations as well as Ore and Ecells, the first 3 I can't produce myself.

I've put an EQD in that sector and added all the wares. Is there any way I can use CLS to buy those resources from the nearby factories and sell them to the Ghoul Fab, or do I need to have one group of TS buying for the EQD and another ship ferrying the goods to the fab in exchange for the missiles?

I have 4 Mistrals on hand for their speed and I've been supplying the fab manually, which is proving very tedious to say the least :lol:
Whilst CLS could certainly be used to shuffle the materials via the equipment dock, it would take a bit of setting up; it might be worth a try to use a CAG homebased to the complex to get the materials directly.

I'm guessing that you're wanting to keep the missiles that the factory produces, so you'd need to stop the CAG selling stuff by changing it from a 'trader' to a 'shopper' in the settings. That way, even as your CAG gains experience, he/she will never sell the missiles from your fabs and you can use them as you see fit...

Choublanc
x3tc

Post by Choublanc » Mon, 21. Feb 11, 11:00

minigun wrote:...it might be worth a try to use a CAG homebased to the complex to get the materials directly.
No, the Ghoul is a NPC factory. So no CAG.
CLS2 can do the job. If the goods are available, the mistrals will buy them and sell them to the Ghoul Fab (try the "generate waypoints" function). If you are rich enough, you can place a TL near the fab and use it as an intermediate storage for materials and Ghoul missiles. Trained CLS2 can unload to and load from ships.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 21. Feb 11, 14:51

minigun wrote:
Sovereign01 wrote:I have a slightly different problem- I'm trying to supply the Ghoul missile factory in the 4th Unknown sector out past Oort Cloud, but can't simply set up a complex as it needs Water, Antimatter Warheads and C-Rations as well as Ore and Ecells, the first 3 I can't produce myself.

Whilst CLS could certainly be used to shuffle the materials via the equipment dock, it would take a bit of setting up; it might be worth a try to use a CAG homebased to the complex to get the materials directly.

I'm guessing that you're wanting to keep the missiles that the factory produces, so you'd need to stop the CAG selling stuff by changing it from a 'trader' to a 'shopper' in the settings. That way, even as your CAG gains experience, he/she will never sell the missiles from your fabs and you can use them as you see fit...
Except the missile fab is an NPC one, not one that can be bought (just like the ones for Water, C-Rations and M/AM warheads) :?

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 21. Feb 11, 15:02

Use CAGs homebased to the EQ dock to buy what you need. Then CLS ships to ship it from the EQ dock to the ghoul fab. And to buy any missiles

G Morgan
x3

Post by G Morgan » Mon, 21. Feb 11, 23:09

A training ground for CAGs is vital. The key is that CLS pilots can operate as CAGs at the same rank. A beginner CLS is actually useful. Set up some supply routes that need CLS and overload the freighter fleet. As you need new CAGs skim the best off the CLS fleet, rearrange the rest and add in new trainees. You should always have a fleet of CAGs waiting to be born this way.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 00:34

I've got a bunch of STs training to be UTs only I don't know what the best sectors are to train them, apart from Empire Edge, Shore of infinity and Mel. Frontier. I'm wondering if CAGs are going to be much use since apart from my issue above, all my complexes are self-sufficient. For my missile problem I've got Commercial agent going on 4 Mistrals, I'll see how they get on. I'll also need to base another TS to the trading dock as the dock can only hold 8 Ghoul missiles.

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 17:45

what would i use to service 3 of my factories? ice facility, water purification and then a food production fab. they are all in the same sector.

G Morgan
x3

Post by G Morgan » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 23:01

paulms1980 wrote:what would i use to service 3 of my factories? ice facility, water purification and then a food production fab. they are all in the same sector.
It depends on how you are using them. In general CLS is for handling transport between your stations. CAGs are for interacting with the outside world.

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Sun, 27. Feb 11, 21:30

im using CAGS for my commonwealth fabs! i have in asteroid belt a number of ice mines and the factories that require it! so basicially that

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”