X EMPC shortage..

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jawms
x4

X EMPC shortage..

Post by Jawms » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 19:13

Alright everyone, knowing the community here, i couldn't find what i was looking for with google, or the search.. So ill ask you guys :D

I am looking for Experimental Electromagnetic Plasma Cannons to slap on my new Spitfyre's.. (they looked so awesome i figured id pick up several :D) I dont want to use P M/AL's cause i dont feel like trying to get them all the ammo.. especially cause their just M5 swatters for my Panther..

I have a TS docked at one of the Aldrin Unknown Bases.. but its been there for quiet awhile without any new stock.. If there was a Forge i would be able to spoon-feed it minerals and e-cells to keep up the production..

I guess i could always pick fights with the springblossoms in the area till one decided to donate one to my cause, then use the multiplying weapons bug to get myself some more, but i dont feel like trying to repair terran rep, because terran rep is hard to build up..

Suggestions are thanked and welcome!

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 19:17

The Electro Magnetic Pulse Cannon is available in Terran Space.
The Experimental Electromagnetic Plasma Cannon is only available to purchase in Aldrin.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Jawms
x4

Post by Jawms » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 19:18

i realise, im looking for the Experimental EMPC... and the Aldrin Unknown Base (EQ Dock) is not creating any of the X EMPC's

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 19:31

EQ docks don't create weapons, weapons factories do--you'll need to find those, not hang around the EQ dock.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 19:42

In early patch days, the Aldrin Weapon Production Bases (WPBs) also manufactured EEMPCs but the routine was bugged and none were ever made. The Unknown Stations stocked and traded them, but did not make them.

In patches 2.x, the EEMPC was removed from the WPBs and two EEMPC Forges placed, one in Aldrin and one in Aldrin 2. Unfortunately, unless the Player quickly intervened to safeguard them by parking a ship there or by continuing to supply them and buy weapons, the game AI GoD would quickly remove them again - probably for good as respawn is rather unlikely no matter how much you pump the Aldrin economy later on. No Forges soon means no EEMPC for trade anywhere.

If otherwise stumped and you still have some, you can clone them in Aldrin (look up cloning). Otherwise look for Aldrin ships with them on board to hopefully capture as loot on bailing or boarding and then clone. Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Thorien Kell

Post by Thorien Kell » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 19:56

First you'll probably need to explore sector, since it's huge. You could order fast M5 to explore it, or assign few M5 to follow local traders for some time. You could capture M5 easily if you don't have the ships.

Now in my game (vanilla TC, patch 3.0) there was enough of those weapons and I have not placed particular effort in sustaining aldrin economy (1-2 UT's but not so early in game) but some people had availability problems. Try and see for yourself.

BTW you could be disappointed in the end, nothing special about that weapon really, same thing with MAML. Terran ships are overpowered, often ugly and have really poor weapon selection. If this is your first game and if you stick with terran ships, you will deprive your game of much fun.

Jawms
x4

Post by Jawms » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 20:14

Thanks for the replies everyone :D

I didn't realise there was two bases, and ship prod bases..

Also in response to Thorien Kell, i am just using the Spitfyre as a M5 swatter because most of my other M3's are too slow to catch all the M5's, so i was going to equip the Spitfyres, and launch them near the end to mop up the rest.

EDIT: Just found both the Weapon Forges.. Neither of them sell EEMPC? guess ill just have to start fragging springblossoms.

Mowerman69
x3tc

Post by Mowerman69 » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 16:52

Not the weapon forges, those only produce prototype m/ma's and shockwaves. There should be an EEMPC forge. If it's not there, it either got destroyed by a random Xenon/Kha'ak attack or it despawned because the AI of the game will despawn factories not being used to save resources. EEMPC forge will only sell EEMPCs, nothing else. BTW, I would find other ships from one of the factions that are non-terran. Terran factions are really buggy and are prone to falling apart quickly. The AI bugs out and stops producing Terran protien paste or drops a critical Terran structure like an ice mine and the whole system falls apart quickly. Without mods, planning on a Terran based fleet is impossible. However, if you don't mind not getting steam awards, there is a rather well done terran revitalization project that allows for players to purchase terran factories so the faction doesn't simply die off.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 17:52

Mowerman69 wrote:However, if you don't mind not getting steam awards, there is a rather well done terran revitalization project that allows for players to purchase terran factories so the faction doesn't simply die off.
Er, you've been able to buy Terran factories ever since the New Home plot was introduced--you get a Terran shipyard that sells them at the conclusion of it. Note that still doesn't help outfit Aldrin ships, though.

Mowerman69
x3tc

Post by Mowerman69 » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 19:52

I have to laugh at that one. You get a phq that has a shipyard that sells terran facilities, oh, about 3 months, for the casual gamer, after the terran faction completely dies off. Finished my teledianium requirement. Even running seta for long periods, i.e. 8 hours overnight while I slept, took me a week to get 150k of that stuff with 5 facs building it. Working on the 450k ore now which seems to be going faster but the chips are going to be the breaker. 5 chip facs running for a week and I have only been able to collect 3800 because the AI ships keep coming in and buying my stock up, even though I have the price set to maximum. So I get a choice of shutting the whole facility down to trade or constantly watching it to snatch up the chips as they spawn. I wish there was a way to block a single item on the facility without shutting the whole thing down.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 21:38

Mowerman69 wrote: 5 chip facs running for a week and I have only been able to collect 3800 because the AI ships keep coming in and buying my stock up, even though I have the price set to maximum.
Set up a CLS2 storage freighter to constantly buy uChips using Load Max Cargo. As an added bonus, if you find a nearby (pref. same sector) resource producer, set the CLS2 to buy 1 ware from there as well & unload it into your uChip plex. This gives your CLS2 pilot flight time, allowing them to be levelled up - presto! Your own CAG/CLS training regime
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 21:53

I think pjknibbs meant you get the Terran Shipyard after the Aldrin Plot, which IIRC also needs the Terran, Goner, Final Fury and just the 1st set of hub gates complete. However, Mowerman69's initial comment on the timing is still a valid one, as was pjknibbs' comment that even that Shipyard doesn't help you to get Aldrin EEMPC.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”