Keyboard issues playing X2 on WINDOWS 7

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

ctlbulldg06
x3

Keyboard issues playing X2 on WINDOWS 7

Post by ctlbulldg06 » Mon, 21. Feb 11, 14:34

I usually am very good at trouble shooting my own hardware but this leaves me in the dark.

I've used this keyboard for years, played X2 and X3 and never had a problem with it on XP, them I upgraded my CPU and switched to Windows 7. X2 installs great but when the game boots up only certain keys on the keyboard are active. The directional keys, CRTL, ATL and SPACE work but that is it. Mouse works great too.

Any thoughts? My keyboard is a Micorsoft WirelessComfort Keyboard 1.0A model 1027.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 21. Feb 11, 15:16

Does this problem also occur with other programs under Windows 7? In case it does, did you already have a look at the by MS suggested steps for Troubleshooting response failures in wireless keyboard or mouse.
Apart from that did you already try to start the game with the option "Ignore last setting and start with default" enabled?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

ctlbulldg06
x3

Post by ctlbulldg06 » Mon, 21. Feb 11, 16:39

OK, I downloaded the updated drivers for my keyboard and that seemed to solve the problem. However, I can't be sure because I also updated to the v1.4 patch while I was waiting. The game runs fine on benchmark and will load properly up to the game menu. A second after I "load" or "start" a game however it will crash and an error message will pop up that says, "Windows has stopped working..." then will not tell me what the problem is.

I have noticed that after applying the patch, the "v1.4" that I remember seeing on my other OS in the bottom right corner of the startup menu is no longer appearing. Is the patch not taking?

Again, i'm running Windows 7.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 21. Feb 11, 17:07

Actually it could be a patch problem, if you forgot one patch while updating. For X2 exists no complete patch. So you have to patch step by step, depending on your unpatched version, of course.
Correct patch sequence should be patch 1.2 -> patch 1.4 -> patch 1.5.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

ctlbulldg06
x3

Post by ctlbulldg06 » Mon, 21. Feb 11, 17:40

WOW your awesome! That most certainly did it. I don't know what to say..you've helped me solve 3 separate issues in 3 hours. I don't know if EGOSOFT has some sort of customer servicer survey, I'd definitely like to let the company know how helpful and user friendly you guys are.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”