Listing blueprints

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Listing blueprints

Post by Khaakbuster » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 16:36

At the moment I'm reverse engineering all my captured ships to get the blueprints. Yesterday I wanted to re a Falcon Vanguard and a Nova Raider but both neither showed up in the list of available ships nor in the list of ships I can build. :?

So I quickly wrote a script that shows me all ships in the game and tells me if I have the blueprints for them. It turned out that I already had a Pirate Falcon Vanguard and a Pirate Nova Raider... :mrgreen:
So it seems that I need to get the remaining two directly from the Argon and Teladi.

Anyway, if anybody is interested in that script you can download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?32lclid5killbtd

To run the script just open the script editor and run "aaaBlueprintInfo".

It will write a log file "log12345.txt" to your "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Egosoft\X3TC" folder.

Output will look like this:

[ external image ]
X marks ships that you have the blueprints for.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 16:45

Very useful .. and this spreadsheet by Carlo the Curious will tell you what ship types you could legally RE in vanilla 3.0. http://moscacr.ucoz.com/load/ships_list/4-1-0-19
No real point listing them for non-vanilla variations because you can script in whatever ships types and BPs you want.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Post by Khaakbuster » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 17:38

Thank you. If there was a command to check if a ship is obtainable and/or can be reverse engineered I would implement this check. Unfortunately I don't know such a command and this script reads the complete ship array from each race and checks that. So there will be Orbital Weapons Platforms or **Undefined** Haulers in the output. Just ignore them.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”