Not able to jump and go to station anymore now that Aldrin missions are open

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Mowerman69
x3tc

Not able to jump and go to station anymore now that Aldrin missions are open

Post by Mowerman69 » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 21:53

Like the slide bar issue, this is an ease of use issue more than a game breaker but since I have started the Aldrin missions, a.k.a. going into aldrin 2 and the terran unknown areas, I can no longer use the jump and dock at station/jump and move to position macros. I am still testing it to see what areas are affected but it looks like only Aldrin, Aldrin 2, and the Terran Unknown areas so far. Using x3tc vanilla from steam. Think it's 3.0 version.

Something else I noticed. If two Springblossoms are docked at a Terran facility, i.e. the USC Orbital Supply Base in Aldrin 2, when you attempt to undock, you will either take a hit or be destroyed. The wing tips brush during the undocking.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 11:21

Point 1. When you jump to a station or point in Aldrin after the sector reshuffle, you don't use the jump beacon any more (as you do with jump to sector) but instead use the nearest jump gate which is to the East of Aldrin 2. None of the Accelerators in Aldrin count as gates.

If you are having problems in Aldrin 2 and the TUSs, then are you sure you have 'discovered' all the gate connections between them by personally seeing them all on both sides? Those commands work there for me.

From Steam aren't you on 3.1 yet?

Point 2. The undocking collision can happen with any 2 wide ships parked side by side or near station dock projections. If it happens, just reload and safely undock using your ship's autopilot (fly to, dock at, idle, etc).

These aren't really tech support problems, just known game quirks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Mowerman69
x3tc

Post by Mowerman69 » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 13:35

Alan Phipps wrote:Point 1. When you jump to a station or point in Aldrin after the sector reshuffle, you don't use the jump beacon any more (as you do with jump to sector) but instead use the nearest jump gate which is to the East of Aldrin 2. None of the Accelerators in Aldrin count as gates.

If you are having problems in Aldrin 2 and the TUSs, then are you sure you have 'discovered' all the gate connections between them by personally seeing them all on both sides? Those commands work there for me.

From Steam aren't you on 3.1 yet?

Point 2. The undocking collision can happen with any 2 wide ships parked side by side or near station dock projections. If it happens, just reload and safely undock using your ship's autopilot (fly to, dock at, idle, etc).

These aren't really tech support problems, just known game quirks.
I downloaded from steam and have it set to keep it updated plus I check the update button from the X3TC logo screen when you start up to make sure I am up to date, I guess that means 3.1.

The undocking is a TS problem. Means they need to take a look at the models and either spread the docking collars or narrow the ship profiles that can dock at that facility. BTW, I don't have issues when my Vidar and Springblossom end up side by side and the vidar has a fairly wide profile. Just happens when I dock two Springblossoms together.

I have opened up all the links in the Aldrin/TUS space including Neptune. I still can not use the jump and move to position/jump and dock at station macros in any of them. This now includes the Xenon hub area, which started as soon as I used it in the Aldrin Plot to remove the Kha'ak sector. Getting some other stuff done but need to move that link back to where I had it to finish the hub quest, so I can stop wasting space on my TL with energy cells(for jumping) and fill it all the way up with crystals. Will see if that makes the hub area available or if linking it in the plot mission breaks it for good.

I notice that there is a X-universe model update that is declared as official. Perhaps they should talk to Steam and get this package included so that the Steam players can still recieve their awards and have the most current updates.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 25. Feb 11, 15:14

"Just happens when I dock two Springblossoms together." Yes, and that happens at some non-Terran stations. The work-around is given above.

"I have opened up all the links in the Aldrin/TUS space including Neptune." Did you also look back to 'discover' the gate from the other side and so open the link both ways? As I said, those sectors (incl Hub) have always accepted all the jump to commands in my game since the Aldrin plot completion. If the route is completely open both ways there should be no gaps in the linkages shown between sectors in the galaxy map going in any direction.

If you mean the Bonus Pack which is a separate 3rd Party suite of scripts officially signed by Egosoft for vanilla use, then you can just download that normally from Egosoft and use it with Steam.
http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3tc/bonus_en.php
See the 4th post from AnnYan et sec for instructions. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=30
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”