did 3.1 make repairs longer?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Reliku
x4

did 3.1 make repairs longer?

Post by Reliku » Sat, 26. Feb 11, 02:30

I just spent the last 7+ hours repairing a minotaur, got it from one of those abandon ship missions. I had gotten a couple of sheriks, cobra, tiger that way before and it didnt take nearly as long(all within 1 tank of air). Did something changed?

To top it off I did not save in mid repair so i blew up and had to restart...but that probably deserve a seperate X3TC bloopers thread.

Anyway, it is basically 15-16% repair every tank of air(2hrs), I would say unreal, but it isnt, as a ship that size should require a dock to do repairs, and still take days...even weeks, but still, as a game...

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Sat, 26. Feb 11, 02:55

Ummm... I dunno, I used to use Takatu's (IIRC) Marine Repairs script for capships (I'm going Vanilla until I get all the non-DiD achievements, my game crashes too often for Steam-DiD).

I do know that it took ~3hrs game time (with interruptions) for me to repair a Deimos from 43% on SETA.

Of course some of those interruptions didn't break SETA, so I can't give an exact count (I do know that my 1st attempt failed when I ran out of air @ 88% though).

bobxii
x3tc

Post by bobxii » Sat, 26. Feb 11, 06:40

The minotaur has 350k hull hitpoints (vs say a tiger's 120k or a shrike's 180k), that's why it takes forever. =(

Reliku
x4

Post by Reliku » Sat, 26. Feb 11, 20:33

ahhh ok, my bad. Didnt realize the mino has that much hp. Thanks!!

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Sun, 27. Feb 11, 04:29

This is what v3.1 brought to me:

[ external image ]

All I did was jump into that sector to check for missions and jump out. Then, at most 5 minutes later, I got the message shown in the above screenshot. I wonder how long it will take for the rest of my ~180 satellites to crash.

American [satellites], Russian [satellites], all made in Taiwan! :D

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Sun, 27. Feb 11, 04:42

That's 'cos your Satellite Deployment Ships dropped it OOS, when Collisions, & "Walls" are disabled.

What I want to know is, "How do you clear/clean your message log like that?".

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Sun, 27. Feb 11, 04:43

Personal (P or Shif+P depending on your configuration) -> My Message Log -> Clear Logs.

As for my satellite dropping into the planet's atmosphere, it should have occured almost the instant I arrived in that sector, don't you agree?

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Sun, 27. Feb 11, 06:51

Thunders wrote:Personal (P or Shif+P depending on your configuration) -> My Message Log -> Clear Logs.
Thank you.
Thunders wrote:As for my satellite dropping into the planet's atmosphere, it should have occured almost the instant I arrived in that sector, don't you agree?
"No Collisions whilst OOS" means there is no check to see whether there is anything else occupying that space until the ship the player is piloting enters the sector.

The Planet is there when the Sat is dropped, but God doesn't "notice" until you draw his attention to it. :o

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”