Busting a red Duke

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Busting a red Duke

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 3. Mar 11, 23:41

I just did one that I wanted to do for a long time in this game. That damn Duke frustrated me how many times. In some games, even if he is a problem, there are enough build missions for a numerous and vibrant community in this sector. This time, nothing.

So I blew him up. Completely. I don’t remember it taking so much to it. I tried with 4 barrages of Tomahawks, and it wasn’t enough. So I reloaded and brought in the Skirnir with a load of Shadow missiles. That is an awesome combination. Anyway, one barrage and Duke’s Haven is gone. I got the red Zeus and the red Medium Orbital too, before I jumped out the Skirnir.

I came back later and used one Shadow on each red M6 and M3, and jumped out again. Then I rammed most of the red Lasertowers in my SB, except the ones in back.

None of these resulted in any rep loss with the pirates, except for minor losses with the LTs. So Duke’s Haven is clear of anything red, and ready for normal business when the Duke comes back. I’m doing a lot of pirate missions all over so my pirate rating is high. Then the Duke comes back blue in a game day or so. If he is red, I’ll do it again.

I certainly feel better. No more red Duke around.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 3. Mar 11, 23:49

Hehe, the duke might have the last laugh, as it reallllllly sounds like you hit the infamous "pirate rep freeze" bug.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Explain that, please!

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 00:11

Catra, you can't leave it like that. What is this famous bug?

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 01:13

Basically, when your pirate rep goes so low, the game just locks your rep in place and no matter what you do, it doesn't budge, or it moves at 1 - 2 points for a mission thatll normally give you 100 - 200 points.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

pirate rep

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 02:14

Thank you, Catra. That might be true of the major races as well.

But in this case, I didn't lose much rep. Then I checked with "There shall be wings", and my rep went from 379 to 12300. So I'm doing fine.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer.

Thunders

Re: Busting a red Duke

Post by Thunders » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 03:19

Bill Huntington wrote:I got the Medium Orbital too
How come I've never seen anything there other than a Duke's Zeus, a squad of Duke's Nemesis, sometimes a Galleon or Brigantine fighting with Duke's ships, Duke's HQ and pirate laser towers? I want more pirate targets; every time I check that sector there's nothing "new" to blast...

Jawms
x4

Re: Busting a red Duke

Post by Jawms » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 06:07

Thunders wrote:
Bill Huntington wrote:I got the Medium Orbital too
How come I've never seen anything there other than a Duke's Zeus, a squad of Duke's Nemesis, sometimes a Galleon or Brigantine fighting with Duke's ships, Duke's HQ and pirate laser towers? I want more pirate targets; every time I check that sector there's nothing "new" to blast...
Take it out on a race :twisted:

ObadiahtheSlim
x3tc

Post by ObadiahtheSlim » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 19:43

Go kill the fascist terrans. Not like you need anything they sell.

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 19:49

ObadiahtheSlim wrote:Go kill the fascist terrans. Not like you need anything they sell.
Does the word "Osaka" ring any bells? My PHQ is far better off building unique ships than easy-to-acquire capital ships.
The yaki need stations other than the sole shipyard in Senator's Badlands; I hunt those almost as much as the pirate rats.

Ozkar
x3tc

Post by Ozkar » Fri, 4. Mar 11, 21:14

Osaka, that oddly shaped Terran hulk acquired via marines and boarding pods.
PSP, nice starry gun obtained on the hulks of Osakas.
Terrans, the bringers of Osakas for your marines to better their skills on.
Give me a mamba or give me death!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”