Recalling Fighter Drones

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

0o0o0
x3ap

Recalling Fighter Drones

Post by 0o0o0 » Sun, 6. Mar 11, 19:37

I've searched for a couple of hours through google advanced search and the forum search and keep coming up dry.

Is there a command through vanilla or more likely through a script or mod that recalls your fighter drones after they are launched?

Its a royal pain to try and pick up 15 drones 1 by 1. I'm currently flying an M6 but this would be useful in any ship.

Mazz
x3tc

Post by Mazz » Sun, 6. Mar 11, 19:42

I might be wrong but I think you need docking capability on your ship for them to get back into your hold. Otherwise you have to order them all to stop and run them over like crates.

If you have docking capability (e.g. some M7s, M1s etc) then I think if you set them to protect me, they will land once all enemies attacking you are killed.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 6. Mar 11, 19:51

Basically any ship that has at least one hanger they will auto dock with.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Sun, 6. Mar 11, 19:55

Is that one unoccupied docking bay Simon or just any ship that has docking bays? For instance could I retrieve a load of drones in my Shrike if I already have 8 fighters docked?

kotorone1
x3tc

Post by kotorone1 » Sun, 6. Mar 11, 19:57

Ive got a shrike, so if no one knows i can test it out.I just got real life work to do so i should be able to test it in a few hours

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Sun, 6. Mar 11, 20:16

To auto-recall fighter drones, you must have hangars, & at least one of them must be free, the drones sort of count as M5s until they dock & revert to cargo.

In the absence of a hangar, shutting them down & running them over works, but you can't use the collect wares commands.

Edit: I believe to trigger the auto-docking feature you need to assign the drones to protect the ship with the hangar, in a situation where there's nothing to protect it from. OOS will both speed the process up & prevent the auto-pillok ramming the carrier vessel.

0o0o0
x3ap

Post by 0o0o0 » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 03:15

Thanks. Seems like as much as I've wanted this feature for my M3s and now my M6 that someone would've scripted it by now. Then again I don't have clue 1 about how to write scripts. I do know that some of the ones here are friggin unbelievable. Great modding community.

bobxii
x3tc

Post by bobxii » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 03:40

the MARS script by Gazz uses drones to pick up cargo and stuff, and "picks up" the drones after their mission is done. Pretty cool.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 09:45

There doesn't appear to be a script to do only what you want, but you could always just bring in a TM (or whatever) when the drones have done their job and tell them to protect the ship with a free docking slot. You can then trundle off and do whatever you want whilst the drones all dock on the TM.

If you want the drones back in your personal ship you can then jump the TM to you again and transfer them over...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 10:11

Having deployed drones from a Shrike, they automatically recovered right back to the ship, very quickly, once the need for their services was completed.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 11:00

0o0o0 wrote:Thanks. Seems like as much as I've wanted this feature for my M3s and now my M6 that someone would've scripted it by now. Then again I don't have clue 1 about how to write scripts. I do know that some of the ones here are friggin unbelievable. Great modding community.
Wel if you get an Hyperion it has two docking bays. :wink:

0o0o0
x3ap

Post by 0o0o0 » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 22:33

Sounds like I will keep my pelican handy for picking up drones. I did notice when I started using MARS (I think its mars that dose this) that 1 or 2 drones would launch from my m6 automatically when I have an enemy targeted and then will automatically return to my ship but when I launch the whole batch I have to pick them up manually.

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 01:04

MARS has it's own launch commands, when I used to use them with it I never had any problems with MARS drones returning automagically, whereas I suspect that if you're launching drones by dumping them out of the Cargobay they aren't considered MARS drones.

Further discussion of scripted behaviour should however probably be moved to the MARS thread in S&M.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”