mining

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bubbleman
x3tc

mining

Post by bubbleman » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 16:47

how do you know if you have any nividium asteroids are they any different i cant seem to scan them...only been on the game a couple of days but read where i can get nividium trading going in kingdoms end but cant find any noobie question so bear with me...cheers

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 17:06

There are 2 types of Nividium "asteroid", there's the Station-class Asteroids one has to shoot down to debris-grade rocks (using a Mobile Drilling System, Hornet missile or equivalent) & preexisting Nividium debris fields.

Station-class asteroids are the ones that show on your sector map, debris-grade rocks don't.

To identify what an Asteroid or Rock consists of you need a ship with a Mineral Scanner equipped, & you need to fly close enough (4km?) to scan it (usually done manually).

In Kingdoms End there are a couple of debris fields, the easiest one to find is a couple of km above the equipment dock in the Y axis (approximately), once you've found some nividium debris, you'll need to break it down a bit further to the "collectable" size.

For breaking down debris you want to use a Mobile Drilling System (or so I've been told), Impulse Ray Emitters, Particle Accelerator Cannons, or Mosquito missiles.

Any other laser will destroy/erase the targeted rock not break it, & I would assume the same applies to the more effective missiles.

If the entire rock flashes when you shoot it with your laser, then it is probably at a collectable size (I can't always tell when using Mosquitos), & running over it with any ship that has free XL-class cargo space & an Ore Collector equipped will collect it.

Once you've broken some rocks, the recommended collection method is to drop a satellite near the collectable debris, order some TSes with Ore Collectors to move to the satellite, jump Out of Sector (OOS), then order the TSes to "collect rocks" once they approach the satellite.

As long as you don't return to the sector being mined, your Miners should keep collecting rocks until they're full.

bubbleman
x3tc

Post by bubbleman » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 17:17

thanks for the quick and thorough reply ill give it a go

Bill Huntington
x3tc

niv in KE

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 17:22

bubbleman, the Niv in KE is an excellent way to start. Save before you do because there are a number of things to get just right, and the pay off is huge.
Some one will give you the exact coordinates if you ask, and I'll look around myself later. They are near 0,0,0, then below that about 5 or 10, if memory serves. There are 4 small asteroids, more or less in a row. Since they are very small, they are not listed as regular asteroids. You only have to hit these once and they are ready to pick up. You can use just about any weapon, and it's good enough. Regular size Niv asteroids take a lot more, but they are worth learning about. But that's later. With two Niv operations, I make enough money that I funded the whole Hub plot and everything I wanted to do in TC.
KE is very nice, because you don't even have to jump to deliver the Niv. KE has its own Shipyard (SY).
The Billionaire Club post gives a lot of details.

Let me start you with just a few:

Once you start, you and your personal ship cannot return to KE without endangering the respawn of Niv. You will be able to collect what is there, but no more spawns. That said, there are a few times when a major plot requires you to come to KE. Ask how to do it then. But for normal purposes, don't go back.

Mark the spot. Some say drop a satellite right there. Or write down the numbers. Important.

Never leave the field empty. Even if a gatherer is full, it is still active. If there is no active ship gathering, the field can die, at least where respawning Niv asteroids are concerned. When you drop off the Niv, leave at least one active ship in the field.

I limit myself to 20 gathering ships, but there appears to be no limit. I leave these ships to gather, and have a dedicated TL collect from gatherers and go to the SY, then return. If you don't have the money now for a TL, you will shortly.

After breaking the first small asteroids, I gather for a while, getting maybe 12 - 15 Niv myself. Then I start another gatherer. Then a second. I verify that they have gathered a few Niv. Then I ease out of the field, and ease out of the sector without jumping or transporting anything. You can't come back to the field when you have left, even if you don't leave the sector.

After cracking the first Niv asteroid, you cannot use a transporter or jump in or out of the sector, or change ship. When you are not there, it is okay. If you do, respawn might stop.

I hope this helps.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Coordinates for small Niv

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 18:23

The coordinates for the 4 small Niv asteroids: 0, 0, 3.

Get close, then look for 4 small asteroids in a row.

Good Luck.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

bubbleman
x3tc

Post by bubbleman » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 07:44

thanks bill ill give it a try

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”